Chapter 75 - Princess Annual

Start from the beginning

She grabbed my wrist and lead me to the middle.

"I heard your dance got ruined. So I decided I'd make it up for you." She hummed. "And clearly you need a break. Take off the jacket and put the sword down. Just come dance with me."

I looked her over curiously.

"Are you sure there's nothing wrong?"

"Stryder, you don't always have to worry about fixing things. And you don't always have to worry about me. We're friends, this relationship is fifty-fifty. It's obvious you need a break." She giggled. "So come on, take it off already!"

My shoulders relaxed and I gave her a smile.

"Whatever you say, princess." I chuckled and bowed to her.

"That's more like it, and eat a brownie while you're at it. I spent a lot of time on those." She huffed.

"Since when can you bake?"

I took off my jacket and set my sword down on top of it. Then I kneeled down unwrapped a brownie from the basket.

"If you just follow the instructions it's easy." She chuckled. "Cooking is so much fun! Especially all the plant recipes!"

I opened my mouth to take a bite, but then I hesitated.

"You didn't put broccoli in this? Right?"

"Of course not."

I nodded and took a bite.

"I put spinach in it."

My eyes got wide and I stopped chewing.

"You what?" I asked with a mouthful.

"I put spinach in it dummy. You don't exactly eat a healthy balanced diet ya know? Now finish it! I bet you can't even tell."

I started to chew again.

"You're cruel."

"Oh hush, I bet it's not that bad."

I swallowed and sighed. Honestly, I couldn't even taste it.

"Well princess, I'll be honest. It wasn't that bad."

She smiled smugly.

"Great, that means I'll be good at cooking all your dinners in the near future."

I rolled my eyes.

"Still on about that?"

Then I heard some slow violin start playing. I turned toward the sound and saw a speaker the size of a basketball laying in the grass.

"So my knight! I decree that you must have one dance with me. To celebrate the fact that I can dance again." She snickered.

I turned back toward her and my thoughts were whisked away. Her deep forest green eyes seemed to beckon me closer, teasing me with the thought of adventure. While her long hazel hair seemed to glisten against the lantern's glow. However, none of that compared to her smile, it was confident, bold, yet gentle and inviting. At this moment, she really did look like a princess.

She reached her hand out for me to take, and I hesitated. I was just a peasant, a street rat in dirty clothes. Yet, she still snatched my hand with her own and pulled me in.

"Now don't be shy. Hand on my hip, and will hold this hand up for a bit." She instructed.

I nodded and slowly moved my hand to her waist. My face was hot, and my mind started to overload. Don't let your hand slip, but don't hold her too firmly, and also don't forget to be loose! I looked up and she stepped a bit closer.