The man behind the shield

Kat and Coulson were in the training room when Coulson punched Kat in the nose, "That hurt

Kat and Coulson were in the training room when Coulson punched Kat in the nose, "That hurt."

She went to kick him but he pushed her leg down, before he tried to punch her but Kat ducked and elbowed him in the back. She blocked his arm and punched him in the stomach before going under his arm and pushing it down, "Yeah, it hurts." Coulson said, "But the fact that I feel anything at all is what is blowing my mind."

Coulson got out of the way and kicked Kat's legs from under her, Kat groaned as she stood up, "Think that's the point."

She blocked a punch from Coulson and kneed him in the stomach before flipping them both to the ground.

Kat went to kick him but he caught her leg, before he rolled over and Kat kicked him in the face.

The pair jumped up, Kat went forwards and kicked Coulson in the stomach which sent him backwards but he ended up floating in the air, "All right. That's enough."

. . . . . . .

Coulson and Kat woke up in the real world, "Well?" Fitz asked as he and Simmons each took a headset off of Kat and Coulson

Coulson looked amazed as he said, "Unbelievable. It's like the real thing I could even smell the sweat. But I felt strangely cold, though."

"Well, I tried to make the simulation as real as possible, and since you always leave the air con in the base, I exaggerated it. Kind of like a silent protest." Fitz said

Kat stood up and said, "That was so realistic. Except for the whole stopping in mid air part."

Coulson looked at her and said, "I don't know. I think it might play out a little differently in real life."

Mack walked into the room saying, "So, you can feel in there?"

Fitz nodded, "Yeah well it's the Framework. It's an immersive sensory experience."

"It was designed as a training exercise a way for agents to practice sparring or jungle insertions and the like." Simmons added

Fitz nodded and said, "Yeah, you can still feel pain while inside. That's why I stopped the simulation before you hit the wall because-"