Prologue

Prologue

Hindi ko alam kung paano nakarating kila mommy ang picture na 'yon. That was the last time that I talked to him, the time that I thought I could still fix us, even just as friends.

I don't want to lose another person in my life but I guess it's the reality.

People do come and go.

They come into your life and the next day they're just gone.

The warmth and comfort from their existence is just temporary.

Ilang araw na akong nagmumukmok sa kwarto hanggang sa nakarating kila mom ang picture noong nagpunta ako sa condo niya.

Mom, I'm still hurting. Can you at least give me a break? I wish I could say that pero baka masampal lang ako nito.

Sa kabila ng pagpipigil na sabihin ito ay nakatanggap pa rin ako ng malutong na sampal.

My right cheek stings. Humapdi na rin ang mga mata ko, I can feel already feel the tears starting to form in my eyes.

I wish I can stop them from falling but the moment a tear escaped from my eyes they started pouring all over my face.

"M-mom, I'm sorry," I mumbled between my sobs.

"Hindi ba sinabi namin sa'yo na sabihin mo lahat sa amin? That's what we taught you!"

"And now what's this? Nagpunta ka pa sa condo niya? For what? To beg him? Since when did you become a desperate wench?" She exclaimed, her eyes widened in pure disgust.

Her words felt like daggers to my heart. I only came there for a talk. Paanong naging gawain ng desperada 'yon?

"Let me just remind you that you're a girl. Don't be like this. You're better than this, Irish!"

I shut my eyes tightly as I try to absorb the words she threw at me.

Dad already went to their room. Kapag ganito kasi ay ayaw niyang nagsasalita muna dahil nadala na ito dati.

Mom's different. Her mouth is like a gun and her words are like her bullet. No one can stop her when she starts talking.

"You already disappointed us before and you are doing it again. I don't know what to do with you anymore!" She shouted as her hands traveled to her head. Frustration is evident all over her face.

I just stood there like a statue with my head faced on the ground.

I don't know what to do with myself too, mom.

What I want right now is someone to lean on. Sadly, I can't find it here inside our house.

I already disappointed them for a couple of times already. May listahan pa nga yata ang mga ito ng mga kapalpakan ko, so what's there to lose?

I raised my head and looked at her with my bloodshot eyes. Hindi ko alam kung saan ako nakakuha ng lakas ng loob. All I know is I need to step up. She's right, I'm more than this.

"Do you want to know what you really taught me?" I managed to ask in a mocking tone even if my lips were twitching.

I've been dying to tell them what I feel whenever I'm with them and I think now is the right time for that.