09: Call Me a Princess

💐 Rose Hart – Feb. 15, 2015

     “Seems to me like you have a crush on this Louis person,” Fate concludes while we walk out of the bathroom, we had spent ten minutes in there just talking before Sam was knocking on the door telling us to get out and actually do our job – but we didn’t get in trouble and I like to believe it’s because Fate was with me and she automatically apologized, which is something I never do. Maybe that’s why he hates me and loves her.

     “How? I just met him,” I tell her, pulling my hair back into a ponytail as she ties her apron back on.

     She throws me a look. “Ever heard of love at first sight?”

     I scoff and roll my eyes, I am not a cliché. I don’t believe that someone could fall in love just by looking at someone, granted Louis is one of the most attractive men I’ve seen in my life but that doesn’t mean I love him. I have to know someone for quite a while before I can determine that. Sure, I learned quite a lot about him last night but that’s not enough.

     “Okay, maybe not love but there’s still a possibility that you have a crush on him though,” she says after seeing my reaction. Before she enters the kitchen, she places a hand on my shoulder. “I’m such a sap, and I believe that you two will be together somehow.”

     “That can’t happen if I don’t have feelings for him,” I say after her. I then mutter to myself, “and there can’t be a fairytale ending if the prince is nowhere to be found.”

     The rest of work, up until lunch break, I spent avoiding Theo who tried really hard to cheer me up and avoiding Fate’s eyes every time I’d receive my order. On the Brightside, however, I didn’t hear anything from Sam and that immediately made my day so much better.

     I was now in the break room, removing my waist apron and letting my hair down from its ponytail to cascade past my shoulders. Theo was going to take me to Chipotle, our favorite restaurant, in hopes of cheering me up. And to be honest, I wasn’t all that upset – at least not anymore – but I wasn’t about to object a free meal from Theo.

     “Hey, gorgeous,” Theo greets me once he walks into the break room. He throws an arm over my shoulder before nodding toward the back door. “Ready to go on our completely platonic, I-know-you-secretly-want-this, date?”

     I elbow him in the stomach, not hard enough to hurt him, making him chuckle. “I’m only going with you because you are offering me Chipotle.”

     “Don’t lie, I know you want me.”

     “Never in your wildest dreams.”

     “You’ll accept it sooner or later.”

     However, just as I was about to walk out with Theo, Fate caught hold of my arm with a huge grin on her face.

     “I think I have found your Prince Charming! Come with me!” 

💘  💘  💘

(A/N): PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT. I KNOW YOU’RE READING THIS (there is a view count) YET THERE IS ONLY ONE CONTINUOUS COMMENTER (I love you, you are my fave).PLEASE, GUYS, I LOVE FEEDBACK xx

P.S. gif of Fate (: