CHAPTER 1 - Wicked game

Obito's POV

Helping to build an entire terrorist organization is tough, exhausting really. Each one of their members specially chosen for a purpose with a matching partner in mind. Of course, Kakusu's outbursts and Orochimaru's forced exit took Obito by surprise, but eventually he found people they could work just fine with. Even though he knew every aspect about his supposed subordinates, they did not know him or his real face. Some knew him as Madara, but that too was a lie. Hell, he has not heard his own name in decades.

While the organization gains more and more power and recognition in the ninja world, it is finally time to begin introducing himself to gain the member's trust. Since nukenin tend to be quite unpredictable, he decides it is wiser to use a façade, and an innocent one at that. Therefore, his twisted sense of humor comes at play and he decides that being a total idiot is ultimately the best option. And so, Tobi is born.

As Zetsu suggests, he appears initially as an intern who aspires to join officially eventually. It's rare for all of them to unite in one location, since they could be easily tracked, and god forbid, kill themselves due to their unsavory personalities. One of those moments has arrived and Obito decides it's the perfect time to meet in person the rest of his team. He has heard about Kakusu's habits of killing partners, but he knows for sure their youngest member has to be the most sociopathic of them all.

Little is known about him, only that he was part of the explosion corps in the Iwakagure, that he stole a prohibited jutsu and that he thinks explosion is a sort of art. Unlike his fellow colleagues who have objectives and/or needs to be fulfilled, Deidara is in the Akatsuki just because he lost a bet and because its missions allow him to explode people. He is pure chaos, and from what Sasori has said, he is unbearable. Obito takes note to stay away from that one, his unpredictability could ruin his plans.

After having the displeasure of meeting Hidan and hearing one of his lectures about jashinism, Tobi is already tired and wants to be alone again. His back is facing the entrance while he gestures loudly, saying random nonsense to hidan to get rid of him. Accidentally he his something. He thinks nothing of it, eventually hitting it again. He turns back to find a small blonde man, who looks like he is about to explode. Well, he is, both literally and not.

That has to be Deidara, thinks Obito, when he sees a red face filled with anger. Uh oh. The youngest tries to jump on Tobi's throat, but Sasori, who states angrily, stops him:

"Deidara, control yourself, stop acting like a child."

Deidara looks down, and when he looks up again he looks embarrassed:

"Sorry Danna, but this idiot is disrespecting me, I'm going to kill him hm."

Disrespecting? Who does this kid think he is, does he know who he's talking to? Oh yeah, he doesn't, Obito realizes. He reminds himself of the façade:

"HI! I'M TOBY!" He says as loudly as he can. If Deidara is so easily irritable, of course Obito is going to have some fun with that. People who take themselves too seriously anger Obito, they remind him of people in his past. An experiment comes to his mind: if this one is so angry about being touched in the arm by accident, what would happen if I gave him a hug on purpose?

"WILL YOU BE MY SENPAI?" is soon followed by explosions and screams from the blonde ninja as Tobi closes in.

Obito notes to self: this one LOVES hugs, and he is too funny to stay away from.