Chapter One: The Chimney Sweep

(Y/N)'s POV:

Another wonderful day in London. Well, London in a Mary Poppins arcade game. Mary Poppins Chimney Sweep Adventure. A game of puzzle-solving, old references to the movie and lots of Chimney sweeps. Like me. I'm (Y/N). And my life is complicated. People in the game don't like me. Why? Because I'm a game jumper. If you don't know what that is, let me explain. A game jumper is someone who goes from one game to another during hours when everyone should be in their own games, waiting for players to play the games. The first example of game jumping was Turbo.

A racer who got jealous of a new racing game named Road Blasters. He tried to take over that game but ended up getting both his game and Road Blasters out of order forever. If any character does that, we call it 'Going Turbo'. I never go Turbo. I'm just exploring but I stay out of the way of the actual game. For example, if I go to Fix-it Felix Jr, I will stay out of the view of the screen so players can't see me and I'll explore. Of course, lots of characters have caught me and I'm usually in trouble. But I haven't been forced to stay in my game yet so I'm not doing any harm. At least I don't think so.

But others don't think that. Probably why I get in trouble so often. Also, there's something wrong with my coding. Whenever in around characters, my code infects them like a virus and, at the right moment, they sing like their in a musical. Everyone in my game has the same code but it doesn't do what mine does. So everyone tries to keep me in my game but no one keeps an eye on me so I always escape. Like now. I had fed my pet snail before leaving the game for the millionth time.

It wasn't long until the arcade opened so there were still people in game central station. And I was in a good mood today. I felt like something good was going to happen today. What exactly, I don't know. What I do know is I'm starting it with a chimney sweep song. It would be wrong of me not to sing it being a chimney sweep myself.

'Chim chiminey, chim chiminey, chim chim cher-ee! A sweep is as lucky as lucky can be. Chim chiminey, chim chiminey, chim chim cher-oo! Good luck will rub off when I shakes 'ands with you,' I shook hands with a character from Sonic, 'or blow me a kiss,' Mario did and I caught it, 'and that's lucky too!'

Mario is quite the charmer when he wants to be. Besides the people in my game and a few of the more action characters like the ones from Heroes Duty, everyone quite likes me. But Miss practically perfect in every way keeps trying to make them turn on me. Hasn't worked yet.

'Now as the ladder of life 'as been strung you may think a sweep's on the bottommost rung. Though I spends me time in the ashes and smoke, in this 'ole wide world there's no 'appier bloke! Chim chiminey, chim chiminey, chim chim cher-ee! A sweep is as lucky as lucky can be. Chim chiminey, chim chiminey, chim chim cher-oo! Good luck will rub off when I shakes 'ands with you.'

Some of the children from Sugar Rush, who are also around the same height as me, came to my side.

'Chim chiminey, chim chiminey, chim chim cher-ee! A sweep is as lucky as lucky can be. Chim chiminey, chim chiminey, chim chim cher-oo! Good luck will rub off when I shakes 'ands with you,' me and the kids sang.

We got the word that the arcade was opening so we had to go to our games. I followed the kids into Sugar Rush. You'd be surprised that I've never been to the candy game. I'm scared to ruin it with the soot on my shoes or the soot from my chimney sweep brush. I always keep it on me. Just in case someone needs a chimney cleaned and because it's something I like to carry around. I hold it with one hand and let it lay on my shoulder. Sometimes I hold it with two hands. But it's not all the time. On the train to Sugar Rush, I sang a little more for the kids.

'I choose me bristles with pride. Yes, I do. A broom for the shaft and a broom for the flume.'

We arrived at the entrance. Wow, there is a lot of sugar in this game. I hope I don't ruin it with soot because it's beautiful here. The children left to their game while I explored. Everything is made of candy. They call it Sugar Rush for a reason. You can get a cavity just by looking at it. I walked to the highest mountain and perched over to see everything this game has to offer. There's a castle too. Never been in one of those before.

'Up where the smoke is all billered and curled, 'tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world. When the's 'ardly no day nor 'ardly no night there's things 'alf in shadow and 'alf way in light on the rooftops of London. Coo, what a sight!' I sang.

And what a sight it was. I bet even the one in the castle doesn't have a view like this. I walked back down to watch the race. And hope I don't get caught in the process. Although that is easier said than done most of the time. The racers crossed the finished the race. The winner was a man in a white racecar. He was an elderly, half-bald man with a kind of cartoonish design. He has grey hair styled into side-burns, thick, darker grey eyebrows, fair skin, brown eyes, rosy pink cheeks, and a cartoonishly large, bulbous red nose.

He wears a purple tailcoat with a white dress shirt and vest, covered in glitter, with a matching white lace collar, and cuffs and two golden buttons on the back of the tailcoat. A notable feature is his large, red bow-tie, which looks like a candy wrapper. He also wore poofy golden pants and purple slippers with red gumdrops at the tips.

He's obviously the king because of his tiny, golden crown that is slanted atop his large head. He looks kinda cute. Of course, I was so entranced that one of the races pointed me out. Oh, I am not getting out of this one very easily. A donut and éclair arrested me and took me to the castle. Yep, definitely not getting out of this one.