XXI

Emily woke up to a noise in the kitchen. Olivia was still in her arms so she frowned. It could be Hobi, but you never know. She unwrapped her arms, grabbed her phone and got up, walking downstairs quietly. It was indeed Hobi. But then she saw a few sausages. She didn't remember giving him sausages or buying any. Suddenly her phone buzzed.

Flash new! Elizabeth Rodrigo, a young woman who has recently stabbed her husband, injured two officers last night as she attempted AND succeeded to escape from their car.

That's when she heard a scream.

-Emily!, screamed Olivia.

Emily's heart dropped as she heard Olivia's voice. She ran upstairs as fast as her legs allowed her to, seeing the door slam and the lock turn.

Olivia?, asked Emily from the hallway.

-Sh-She's here! Help me! P-Please!, screamed Olivia.

Emily could hear some noise inside, Olivia was clearly not making it easy for her mother to get what she wanted. On the other side of the door was Elizabeth, a knife in her hand, making her way up to Olivia.

-St-Stay away from me!, yelled the brunette.

-Olivia, first drawer from my nightstand!, screamed Emily through the closed door.

Olivia didn't question it and moved quickly to the drawer, seeing a knife. She tightened the grip around it as she turned around to face her mother.

-Stay back, I don't want to hurt you., warned Olivia.

-But I want to hurt you. One last time., smiled the mother.

-Nope., said the brunette, getting on Emily's bed and swinging the knife around her in case her mother would try anything.

It took Emily a second to react. She looked around, trying to find a way inside her room. She could run outside and get in from the window, but it would take too long. She could kick down the door, but her parents would kill her. That's when she remember that she had once seen someone pick a lock. She frowned and got on her knees, grabbing an hair thing and started trying to unlock the door.

-Come here!, yelled the mother.

-No! Stay away from me!, replied Olivia.

-I am gonna kill you! And then, I'm gonna kill myself! And this family will be forgotten and never missed!, continued her mom.

-Fuck you! You might be my mother, but it never felt like it! You're a stranger who lived under the same roof. A stranger who would get aggressive over every little mistake or argument. A stranger with mental illnesses but who's too proud to admit it. Look at you! You're trying to kill your own daughter! If you don't see right now how crazy this is- how crazy you're acting, then I don't think you ever will. You tried to kill dad for fucks sake! You tried to murder your own husband. Your husband who you used to love. Who loved you! He helped you so much! He tolerated you for years! If I were dad, I would have dumped your ass years ago!, rambled Olivia, clearly stalling.

-I am trying to help you! I am putting us all out of our miseries! It'll be a relief!, replied the mother.

-No! I don't want to die! I don't want to fucking die! I want to live! I want to feel! I want to love! I want to be loved! I'm too young to die. I have people here who actually care about me. I have people here who support me. And I have people here who love me. You may have lost your will to live, but I've find my will to keep trying to get through this hell of a world. I may be tired, I may be exhausted, but I'm not gonna give up. I'm not a quitter or coward like you., said the brunette.

-I'm not a coward!, said the mom.

-Yes! You are! You are choosing death! You are choosing death instead of choosing to get help! That's what being a coward is like! And on top of that, you're trying to make that choice for me and for dad! He never wanted to die! He only wanted to help. He kept trying. He had faith and hope that you'd change. I stopped believing that years ago. And you clearly did too., replied Olivia.

Emily heard a click sound, opening the door. She saw the mother by the bathroom door with a knife and Olivia on her bed, also a knife in her hand.

-Emily, stay back., said the brunette.

-If you touch her, I'll make your wish come true and I'll kill you!, replied Emily looking at Olivia's mother.

-Emily, shut up!, yelled Olivia.

Emily frowned and noticed that the woman seemed lost in her thoughts.

-Mom?, asked the brunette.

-I did., said the mother.

-You did what?, frowned Olivia.

-I stopped believing. That I'd get better., replied the mother looking up at Olivia.

-You can still change. You just have to make efforts., said the brunette.

-No. They'll take me. They'll take me because I hurt your father. They take me away., repeated the mother.

-But they'll help you. They'll you get better., tried Olivia.

-What if I don't change?, asked the mom.

-I don't...I don't know. All you can do is try., said the older brunette as Emily watched the whole thing, keeping an eye on Olivia's mother.

-I want to change., continued the mother.

Emily and Olivia looked at each other, clearly not knowing if they should buy all of this.

-Do you want to know what your first step to changing is?, asked the older brunette.

-What?, wondered her mother.

-Put the knife day., replied Olivia.

The mom was clearly hesitating, having an inner debate on whether she should do it or not. It took her a few seconds but she eventually came to a decision.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨A/N: hello! thank you for being patient! sorry, I know that it has been a while. ANYWAYS, STREAMS SOUR AND BUTTER! HAVE A NICE DAY!