The fight for love

Start from the beginning

Adrien wanted to show him that he would fight for his lady, that he would stand up for her, and that he would protect their relationship no matter what. Therefore he refused to back down. Adrien would show Tom no fear. "No! You don't raise your voice at me. You promised me that you wouldn't interfere. You said if I could fix my mistakes, then you would allow me to be with your daughter, and now you say no? I need a reason. I need to know how or if I can fix this. At least give me that." Adrien answered confidently.

"Don't you get it! You have brought enough pain to my little girl already. You can't fix this, not now and not ever," Tom replied, pulling through. He almost thought he would beak. Mr. Dupain-Cheng hated seeing Adrien with tears in his eyes, but he had to do this. Before anything else, he was a father. He had to do this, not just for his little girl but to put themselves at ease. See, the way he saw it was if Adrien gave up now, then when the trips get hard in their relationship, he would be quick to give up on them, and Marinette deserved better. 

Tom couldn't allow something like that to happen. Sabine's father had done it to him, and now, he would do it to Adrien. It would bring his little girl too much pain. But if he stood up for their love now, against her own parents, then he knew he would never break. Adrien would be the man Tom believes he is.

"I have brought her pain, and I know that, but I have also made her happy. She is happy with me. She will always be happy with me. I would make sure of that for the rest of my life. Please, don't do this," Adrien refused to give up. "I am sorry, but it's still a no," Tom replied once again. Adrien felt a tear run down his cheek. He was hurting, maybe he did make a mistake in raising his voice at them, but he loved Marinette so much. 

Adrien couldn't understand why they wanted to keep her daughter away from the one guy who would love her truly for all she is. Adrien lowered his head in shame but soon after raised it back up and held it high. He would not give up. He would leave here with or without their blessing, but he would become her boyfriend whether they liked it or not.

"I do apologize for my attitude and my actions, but I do not apologize for not accepting your decision. I came here tonight with a plan to get your blessing and finally be with your daughter. I thought you would see that what I feel for her is real love. I know for a fact what I feel is love. I love Marinette. I love her for who she is and everything about her.

 I love her for her strength and weaknesses, for her perfections and flaws, and I know she loves me back just the same. Now I wanted to do this the right way, with your blessing, but considering the occurring events, I have no choice but to do it a different way. I am no longer asking for your blessing but to make you aware that I will ask your daughter to date me whether you like it or not. As long as she wants to be with me, then I will fight against it all, including you to be with her. See, I realized the only yes I need is hers. 

So know this, I will ask Marinette to be my girlfriend tomorrow, and after graduation, I will ask her to be my wife, and there is nothing you can or will do to stop me. As I stated before, I love your daughter, and as long as she loves me, I will fight until my dying breath for her. Consider yourselves warned." Adrien spoke with no fear, he refused to lose Marinette, and he will fight till his dying breath for her.

That was it. This was what Tom was waiting for, Adrien's will to go above and beyond for love. To jump and break any obstacle in his way just to get to her. This was the Adrien that was worthy of his daughter, and he could not be more proud of him. Tom and Sabine looked at each other and smiled, confusing the blonde in front of them. "Welcome to the family, my boy," Tom replied. "Of course, you have our blessing, son. You always did, but I have to say it took you long enough," Sabine added quickly after.

Adrien was still confused. What in the world was going on. One second they refused to give him their blessing, and the next, they were welcoming him to the family. Sabine and Tom laughed at his reaction confusing the poor boy more. "Wait, what?" Adrien finally managed to ask.

"My boy, we knew the moment would come when you would realize that you were in love with our Marinette, but after everything that has happened, we had to make sure you were 100 percent certain about what you wanted. I wanted to see just how far you were willing to go for her and how hard you would fight for her. Truth be told, we always hoped it'd be you," Tom replied with a smile. Adrien let out a breath he had been holding since he asked to speak to them. The blonde felt a wave of relief hit him. God was he relieved to hear those words. For a second, he thought they hated him and wanted someone like Luka for their daughter.

"S-so, does that mean I have your blessing?" Adrien asked nervously. "Of course you do, son. Welcome to the family, my boy" Adrien couldn't help but let out a happy sigh and smile big. Sabine wasted no time pulling him in for a hug, to which he returned happily. "Oh, thank God. I really don't know if I would have been okay with not receiving your blessing. I know how much Marinette loves you, and all I want is her happiness," Adrien's voice was filled with happiness as tears of joy filled his eyes. The adults had no doubt in their mind this was true. He truly did love their daughter, and they couldn't be happier.

"What's going on here?" Marinette's voice was heard from behind them, startling the teen. "N-nothing, princess. We were just talking. Anyways, are you ready to go? We have a busy day tomorrow?" Adrien was nervous. He wanted tomorrow to be a surprise, so he tried his hardest to change the conversation. "Sure, kitty, let us go. Bye maman, bye papa, I love you." Kissing their parents goodbye, the Agrestes' and Marinette headed back to the mansion.

_______________________________________________

Adrien truly felt at peace. He had Ayla helping him set the date, the support and encouragement of his best friend Nino, the help of his now loving father, and Tom and Sabine's blessing. Everything was going according to plan for the first time in a really long time. Needless to say that Adrien had the best night's sleep of his life. Of course, having Marinette in his arms surely helped with that. The thought of finally being able to call Marinette his filled his heart with warmth. Now all that was left to do was to officially ask her to be his girlfriend.

*How was that guys? leave your comments below I love hearing from you*