Chapter Nine

Alex P.O.V
Holy shit I'm starving, I think as I make my way to the lunch room. Walking into the cafeteria, I see Maggie arguing with Veronica Mills, one of the most popular girls in school, God I hate her.

I approach the two, trying to see what they are arguing about. Thats when I hear Veronica say,

"You worthless whore! He's mine. I saw you guys kissing in class earlier, he won't ever want you. You're just an ugly hoe.

Maggie laughs in her face.

"You are hilarious" she says smirking.

"Whatever bitch we all know you want him for sex. You probably fucked your own brother! That's why he killed himself. He couldn't take you always touching him." Veronica replies venomously.

Something inside of Maggie must have snapped right then because her whole body tensed up, and before you know it Maggie is beating Veronica's ass. Veronica is trying to pry Maggie off her but she is throwing blow after blow into Veronica's face.

I intervened and pulled Maggie off of Veronica, I threw her over my shoulder and unlike last time, she fought me about it, pounding her fists on my back.

"Put me down right now Alex!!" She yells, still pounding on my back.

I just keep walking out of the school until we reach the parking lot then I see her down next to a car.

"Would you like to tell me what that was about?" I demanded.

"No I would not" she replies stubborn.

"Okay, I don't care. you are." I force.

She looks at me and then bursts into tears hugging me around my waist tightly. I hug her back, stroking her hair, telling her it will be okay and she can tell me anything, I'd always be here for her.

"She told me that I my brother killed himself because of me.." She breaks off her sentence and I look at her in bewilderment.

"You never told me your brother killed himself." He said tears starting to come to my eyes.

"He... he.. yeah.." Maggie couldn't finish her sentence. She was crying to hard.

She looks down at the blacktop and starts crying even harder. She puts her head between her knees and doesn't move.

"I promise that was not your fault." I say.

"How do you know?" She looks up a little.

I pick her up and hug her.

"He loved you. I knew him, just barley but I did know he loved you." I whispered in her ear

"Come with me. I want to show you something."

I knew exactly where I was going to take her. I just hope this doesn't make things worse.