Chapter Five

Maggie's P.O.V.
Fuck

Alex saw my bruises.. He saw me crying.. At least he didn't see my cuts. But he did act like he cared.

Well, maybe he does, rings a little irrational voice in the back of my head.

No. This is why you don't have friends, why you don't have a boyfriend, if you let people in they run. That's all they ever do.

I felt the tears streaming down my face, thankfully the teacher didn't notice and Alex was apparently skipping class. I don't know what to tell him. I can't tell him the truth.. I can't trust him for that.. He would probably tell everyone I'm weak and then more people would hurt me.

Ugh.

Finally school was over thank God! I ran home and past everyone so no one got the chance to hurt me.

I walked into the house slowly. I saw my dads car in the front of the house. What if he sees my bruises? Or even worse my scars?

"Maggie is that you?" My Dad's voice booms through the house, only because it's so big he has to yell.

"Hey Dad" I say casually acting like nothing happened to me yesterday.

"How was school?" He asks.

"Fine" I say.

"Good, good"
He was to busy watching Doctor Who to look at me or notice my face.

"Well, I have homework to do dad so I'm just gonna go finish that." I say awkwardly.

"Okay honey" he says almost like a robot, droned to the t.v.

I shiver, don't cry, don't cry.

I make my way to my door. The closer I get the faster my pace grew. I turn the knob and go in, locking the door.

Later on I heard the door close, which usually meant dad left.

I snuck downstairs two floors to the main living room quietly. I had no way of hiding my face if he was still here. I went into the kitchen and found a note from my dad. I was to tired to read it. He was gone again.. I didn't know wether to cry or be thankful.

I run into my room and grab my blade. I left it under my pillow this time. I pull up my sleeve and cut more and more.. The blood flowed off of my wrist to the wood floor. Looking at the blood I fall to my knees and cry, cry because my dad, cry because I have no friends, cry because that's just what I feel like doing. The blood eventually stops flowing.

I don't know how I'm going to make it through this school year, I think desperately as I lie on my bed and curl up in a ball falling into a restless sleep.

School the next day was going to be hell. That's all I could think.

Walking into my first class of the day about 20 minutes early, I can't help but notice that Alex is already there.. Why?

I huff and go to my assigned seat next to him keeping my hood up to hide my bruises and my sleeves long to hide my cuts.

"So Miss Maggie wanna make a repeat of that wonderful kiss we had the other day?" He asks playfully.

"Ahh Mr. Alex, I can see that you enjoyed our little fun but I dare say your kisses aren't the best, oh and you might want to hide your boner." I say smiling.

It was true though, his kiss was the best. It was amazing. I lost myself in the feeling I got from that kiss.

His eyes knit together in confusion as he leans his face closer.

"Maggie, love, I would mess with the bad boy." he says, the minty smell of his breath washing over my face.

I smirked at him.

"Alex, dear," I say putting my hand on his face "messing with you is the most fun I've ever had in my life".

He leans a bit closer. The tip of our noses touch.

"Oh, so you don't mind if I play along then" he said, a weird look on his face.

"I bring our faces closer and touch my lips to his for a split second, before pulling away and whispering in his ear "it's on".

I turn away from his shocked face and looked at the board, huh.. Even broken, bloody, and bruised, I still got it. I must me pretty damn sexy.