Chapter 3

Aliya's POV

"Ray? I'm not kidding. Look I met him and boom everything went downhill!" I shoved another fry in my mouth.

"Really? Ali I know you, are you trying to pin this whole thing on the poor guy?"

I wish I was...but no. Yesterday was a bad no good day for me! The first interview I had well the boss took one good look at me and mistook me for a hobo. The second job was terrible so terrible that I literally begged for the job and after the owner treated me like trash I ended up calling her ' a good for nothing mut' to which she called security on me. All this because...of him! I hope I didn't run into any time soon.

"Okay defend him but I'm telling you he is a walking bad luck charm for me"

He chuckled and I couldn't help but smile. That stupid smile on his face always managed to evoke a smile from me. I often looked at him at times and wondered how a tinsie winsie Ray Donovan grew to become this mature.

"I just thought what if..."

"What if...?"

"You know. He is your significant other"

"No way. For us to be soulmates, there must be a connection that spark that ignites in my heart when we lay eyes on each other. And the touching of hands? There must be that little sensation I feel when I touch my other half. He must be the opposite of me, after all that's why he's called a soulmate- the opposite of my soul, get it? Now to our present evil guy, there's none of that!"

Seth's POV

"Hey beautiful" I hid behind the red roses in my hands.

I sure hoped that they would be enough to convince her that I didn't mean to be late.

" You're late!" And there it was. That look right there. It's the same look I would get if I forgot anything especially gifts, her birthdays or something special for that matter. Who said that being a boyfriend would be an easy task. Women were a very complicated gender and you mistakenly spit that out in their faces and they'd murder you in cold blood.

"Caught up in work" I managed to say slipping in the chair as I looked at the menu.

"Seth, you promised that today was gonna be special" she didn't have to spare me a glance for me to know that she was disappointed.

I looked at the restaurant itself it wasn't the best place to have a romantic getaway. Damn those paparazzi! They were the one to blame, I had it planned in a fancy restaurant the roses, champagne and now here we are. In a cheap restaurant located in the outskirts of town. Every time I tried having some time alone with my girlfriend, somehow they would manage to find and track us down.

Dried fish?   What kind of restaurant was this?

"Waiter"

"It's fine Seth"

"No it's not. This place is a dump! On second thought, we're leaving this place. Come on" I grabbed a hold of her arm leaving a couple of dollars for the waiter who eyed me so weirdly for a tip.

"It wasn't that bad" 

"Tessa, that's the same thing you said about the video before you posted it"

Stupid video, stupid dog! I swear I would kill that dog one day, it's a demon dog. I remember that Saturday after I slept in Tessa's room it came running after me then chewing on my leg as if it were some juicy dog biscuit. And Tessa she filmed the whole thing and posted it on tiktok putting all these sort of weird captions.

"It was a bit funny" She laughed while we stood there waiting for my car to be brought.

"Really? You still think it was funny?"

"No... Seth don't do it. Baby don't"

I carried her in my arms being too cautious not too rip off the fancy dress she had on. She yelled making a scene as obvious, she could be a handful at times since we were kids, it's a trait I've grown used to for the past couple of years.

"Put me down, Seth! Seth?" But no I wouldn't listen.

Our little moment of fun came to an end when another somewhat familiar voice yelled.

"Put her down you son of a bitch!"

Then a flying shoe aimed at the back of my head made me turn. Not this again, it was getting old. What was her problem now?

"See, Ray I told you. He's evil... See right there. See what he's doing to that poor girl"

"Ali let's just go"

"Quit being a wimp, Ray. The damsel is in distress, we need to help"

Tessa looked at me, her eyes questioning me on what the hell was going on. Putting her down gently and my car already around vicinity. I took my car keys urged Tessa to get in the passengers seat and walked slowly towards the two diminutive figures standing in the dead of the night.

"Whatever your problem is with me, lady make sure you watch your back. You maybe cute but you are starting to get on my nerves...And by the way Ray, keep her on a leash preferably away from me!"