He looks at me, "Noted."

- Adrian -

Shortly after the coffee apology, I have to get to practice so I drop Genevieve home and get my ass to the court.

"Move it Castillo you gotta get down court," Coach yells. My breathing is harsh but I run past JJ who's on the other team and I make a slam dunk.

"Is it just me or is Coach being an extra hard ass today?" Devontae pants out. Before I can answer, Coach shows up from behind and puts his hands on our shoulders.

"I don't understand why you're all standing around talking. Run it again!" Fucking hell.

"You got it, Coach!" Luke exclaims. Suck up.

"Castillo get over here!" He yells, "Where the hell is your head at? You were supposed to pass to Beckham then make a shot at the half-court line."

"Sorry Coach," 'Sorry my dad drank his liver away and that's all I can think about I think in my head.

"Castillo, you're team captain. You lead these fools by example so set the one."

A firm nod and an 'understood' later I'm back on the court, my mind still filled with other thoughts but playing a lot better.

"Before you hit the showers, the athletics department is asking an English class on campus to write a joint article on this entire team starting tomorrow. They'll all be working together to create an editorial or something on you so be on your best fucking behavior. I don't need you embarrassing me."

"Come on Coach, when have we ever embarrassed you," Luke says with a frown on his face.

"Beckham you may be a good power forward but so is Dante don't make me substitute you," Coach warns. "And don't make me repeat the sushi bar story from last year's Championship game in Texas."

While I'd love to disclose the contents of that story it would cause bad memories for me.

Cherry, you got an English Class doing an editorial on my team?

Yeah, we just got the assignment. Looks like we'll be seeing each other tomorrow. I smile to myself thinking of seeing her more often.

I had a few hookups that lasted at most a few nights but most dates I've been on sucked. Most of the time we'd end up fucking in the bathroom before dessert came.

Can't wait.

Can't say the same.

You wound me, Laurence.

She sends me a kissy face back and all I can think is: Man, I am whipped.

- Genevieve -

Today Isabel and I join our sports journalism class to write an editorial on the team.

I meet with her at the Cafe across from my apartment and we grab coffee before meeting the class at the basketball courts.

I forget that Vivian Nash is in Isabel's class since she's a journalism major. Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

"Okay class, I've partnered you all up in teams of two and you'll each take one basketball player. Let's start with Vivian and Alex to Adrian Castillo. Then, Genevieve and Isabel to Lucas Beckham..." He goes on but I don't hear anything after that.

Isabel being with me on this somewhat calms me. Vivian gets Adrian but from what I hear he doesn't like many people and she's most likely on that list.

We walk in and see the guys sitting on the bleachers together. I try looking natural but my eyes immediately lock with Adrians and he gives me that playboy smirk that makes me wanna fuck him and pass away at the same time.