Pandemic

Pandemic - Intro

This is basically a story about a 16 year old boy trying to survive a zombie pandemic, this is my first story so constructive critiscm would be nice :). If you like it comment and I hope you guys enjoy it :).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always dreamt of this day and thought it would be the greatest thing to happen to me, I never fitted in at school and was always treated badly at home. I was unloved, the person no one wanted to know or see.

But no one understood me, I felt to left out or stressed to try and communicate with them. I was too much of an outcast for the other children at school and didn’t match up to my parents expectations. Nobody wanted a thing to do with me, I was secluded. Secluded enough to wait, plan and hope for this day.

I eventually dropped out of school, there was no need for me there. No one wanted me to be there anyway, I was what the teachers liked to call a waste of space they were probably right in all due respect. I just sat there making plans for 'the day', the work didn’t matter I wouldn't need to know how to solve a surd equation anyway. What I needed was zombie training, and that was something the school didn’t offer.

After dropping out of school it wasn't much time until my so called parents kicked me out, I knew it wouldn't be long anyway, they had been waiting for an opportunity since I hit 16 and me leaving school was a great stroke of luck for them. I soon moved in to dingy cramped flat, bottom floor of course. I didn’t want to get trapped upstairs that was a guaranteed death sentence, I needed a quick, easy and effective escape route and the ground floor offered the best choice for that.

Waiting. Waiting, planning and training was all I did over the next couple of months; I went through the safest routes to take, what to food to buy and where to stake it out for those dangerous moments I would no doubtfully face. Looking back now none of this really mattered, I would of still ended up the same situation I’m in now at one point or another. It was inevitable really there was too many dangers, did I really think I was going to survive all this madness? I must have been crazy, but I kept on preparing and that’s when it happened, the accident.

When I first heard I didn’t think it was real, I just thought it was some sick joke that the jerks at school were trying to play on me. All the years of their abusive bullying had made me fragile and paranoid that they would play a harsh joke like this. But that was only until it wasn't on the television any more but through the window and on the street outside; where people where being dragged off to their bloody demise, where blood curdling screams could be heard for miles, where every last metre of our civilised community was being torn to shreds. Literally.

At first I thought it was the best thing to happen to me, no one but me would know what to do and then I wouldn't have to put up with the crap they gave me. I thought I would be the lone survivor left to do as he pleased with no worry, no worry about the disease or the famine left in the world as I had prepared for this and was ready for action. I wasn't the freakish outcast in society any more, I was the king and nothing could bring me down of my mental throne. I knew how to handle this and I was going to look after number one himself, nobody else but me.

Looking back now I realise now how naïve I had been, no one in hell could of been prepared for this let alone a 16 year old fanatic. Only if before I had taken the right choices and not made so many mistakes. Only then would I stand a chance in hell of surviving. I've come to realise that it isn’t in fact a blessing, its a living nightmare. A f***ing messed up nightmare, and I don't know what to do.