"If this truly is an act like you say, then I think you should change your career because I've totally been fooled." Jin continued. "But I can't bring myself to believe that's the case. Especially when you were dealing with the victim and the bullies 30 minutes ago. You knew perfectly well what to say to have the victim stand up for himself, never once urging him to 'deal with it or the bullies win'- the typical line fed to victims of bullying, whilst also stopping him from abusing the said power he felt from getting 'revenge'. If you truly were a bully, I don't think you would know exactly what to say and do for someone who is a victim, whilst also knowing the best course of action was to find out the reason for the bullying, to end it once and for all. That is, unless you were once in their shoes."

As Jin explained his analyses of the situation, Mia listened carefully to every word, wanting to find a flaw in his words. But the more she thought about it, the more she knew she couldn't talk her way out of this. Not that she wanted to. Deep down she knew she had been caught the second she noticed he was hiding behind the bush. He may not be fluent in Japanese but he knew enough to understand the situation and most likely piece together every word he had heard. He wasn't a childish baby many put him down to be. He was a clever and perceptive man, who knew perfectly well how to talk his way into peoples hearts.

Mia let out a hefty laugh as she poured the batter onto the pan. To think she would ever find someone who could out talk her in an argument. It seems like she may have found the reason why the universe dubbed him as her soulmate. It was the worlds way of keeping her in check and granting Amy's wish of wanting someone to shut her up. 

Jin was startled by Mia's sudden laughter, not expecting such a reaction from her. But as she started sprinkling the rest of the toppings onto the pan, Jin couldn't stop the smile from forming on his face. He couldn't explain why he was feeling like he had just gained Mia's approval, but he knew by the look in her eye's that he had achieved something very little people had ever done; he had gained a way into Mia's small circle of people she could trust.

"You're not wrong. I was a victim of bullying. And I also watched someone else suffer also, so I have quite the experience" Mia spoke as she placed the lid on the pan and started a timer so she knew when to flip the pancake-like dish.

"It's not really a unique story unfortunately." Mia stated as she looked directly at the man in front of her. "It a typical bullying story that many children and even adults face because of how they look."

"How they look? What... Were they jealous of your beauty or something?" Jin questioned as he jumped onto the cooking island knowing this conversation may take a while. 

"I wish that's how it went." Mia laughed as she leaned up against the island beside Jin. "I wasn't much of a beauty back then. And I'm not much of one now. But I do appreciate the compliment, whether or not it was made as a joke."

Mia sent a pointed look towards the male, knowing he was going to say something about it not being a joke, as she took a deep breath and started to recount the past. "Truthfully, I don't remember much of what was actually done to me. I think it was most verbal abuse than anything else, but even then, it's something that I wish not even my enemies, much less myself."

Mia laughed inwardly to herself, before pausing and thinking of the perfect way to word the next few sentences. She didn't want to give away a lot about her family life, but she knew that Jin wouldn't understand fully unless she explained the basics.  "My... Mother is half Japanese and half British, whilst my... Father is Korean. But as you can tell, I inherited most of my Mother's Western genes than their combined Asian genes." Mia pointed at her strawberry blonde hair and green eye's before continuing; "And growing up in an Asian country, you can guess what type of hell I went through."