Chapter 1

{Armani POV}
Atlanta, Ga

"Alright Ma I'm out" I yelled opening the front door.

"Where you going?" She asked coming out the living room. She always do this whenever I tell her I got work the day before she always ask me where I'm going. It literally never fails with her.

"Work" I dragged out annoyed.

"Drop the tude." She walked out waving me off. 

I sighed walking outside to my car, getting in I connected my phone to the Bluetooth and started playing Rod Wave 'dark clouds.'

Looking down after hearing I got a message my mom had texted me to bring her back some food from Popeyes.

I honestly cannot wait to move out my mother house. My mom has always dependent on me for everything and when I say everything I literally mean everything. I love my mother but she's always been strict when I was growing up. And I guess I can't be to mad about that cause otherwise ion kno how I would be or act.

I worked at this Nail salon called; #1 Nails I've been working there for about 2 years. I'm pretty good at doing nails but it's not really something I'm to passionate about. Plus I'm the only black girl there out of 2 and I'm one of em. And the only other black girl there is younger than me and we don't really get along because my brother and her 'dated' and he was talking to other females. I told her how my brother was before they got together but she decided to learn the hard way so now sheon even speak to me when I walk in the shop.

After pulling up to my job I walked inside saying my hello's to everyone and setting up my station. Looking on my appointment book I had 4 hands to do today.

Welp I'm gonna be tired tonight.

Adrianna❤️🤞🏾would like to FaceTime

"Hello" I answered.

"Yeah you at work" she asked.

"Yeah why"

"How long you gone be there"

"Depends I got 4 appointments today and I may have a few walk ins" I shrugged picking up my phone. "Doubt it tho" I shrugged.

"What you wanna ask" I replied.

"mama just wanted to know how long you gone take. Cause she said she hungry now and she didn't wanna just order" she replied.

"Shit she might have to" I said into the phone.

"Alright. You can do my nails tomorrow" she asked smiling.

"Nope cause last time you got em to long, and you said mama had said you could get em that long. Yo bald headed ass got me in trouble" I frowned setting my phone back down on my table.

"If I get em a appropriate size you gone do em" she asked.

"Yes Adrianna. Now get off my phone my client just walked in" I sighed hanging up. I love my sister but ugh I really can't stand her ugly ass.

"Heyy" Renny my client said coming to sit down.

"Hi babe" I smiled back. Renny was so adorable to me. She's been one of my clients since I started doing nails at 16 as a side hustle. Although she older than me by a couple months no one would tell cause she got a baby face.