spencer's breath hitched. "well, you told me the last name you took when you went to england."

this time, leah's eyes widened. "i-i did?"

spencer nodded at her.

thoughts starting filling leah's head. how- why did she tell him?

"y-yeah, sorry about that. i didn't mean to take your last name," she stuttered to him.

"no, don't be! i mean, i'm glad you liked it," he responded rather quickly.

"yeah, i was gonna use morgan at first but- yours just fit better." yeah, that was the reason.

of course that was the reason. she didn't have feelings for him- how could he be so stupid?

as spencer was about to start talking again, a gunshot rang from around a mile behind them, and the two agents quickly turned to face where the shot came from, taking their guns and aiming them towards where the shot came from.

the two agents gave each other a look with widened eyes before running towards the gunshot.

after running for around 6 minutes in the pouring rain, they saw a man hovering a dead body, with a gun in his hand.

"hey!" spencer yelled at the man, who looked up at them. "lower your weapon!"

the man instead raised his weapon towards the two agents.

"we're not going to hurt you, sir," leah told him reassuringly.

the man didn't say anything, but he looked very angry. he kept moving his aim between the agents- first at spencer, then at leah, then back to spencer.

"i will ask you once more to lower your weapon," spencer said.

the man seemed to start laughing.

"after all i've been through?" the man said, locking eyes with spencer, aiming his gun at him. "no, i'm not going to jail now."

the man quickly moved his aim towards leah, shooting the bullet. if she hadn't moved out of the way in time, she would have been dead.

but the man did miss, and spencer then shot the man in his chest. he ran up to the body that now laid limp on the ground in a puddle mixed with both rain water and the man's blood. spencer checked the man's pulse, and discovered the man was dead. not only that, the man was shot in the chest- there was no saving him now. spencer called hotch, telling him what happened- and hotch told them that they were on their way.

leah was still a bit stunned from the events.

she was almost shot. again. it wasn't her first time being shot. of course there was the time where she took a bullet for her boss, aaron hotchner.

and then, of course, when she "died."

she just stood there, with widened eyes, her breath hitching as she thought about this. it was almost sad how she could almost not count the amount of near-death experiences she has had on one hand.

the fire was the first time. then when she pushed hotch out of the way. then of course, her "death," and now right now, where she was almost shot.

it was then she decided. she lost him once, she wasn't going to do it again.

as the heavy rain hit her face, she looked at spencer who had just gotten off the phone with hotch, and started yelling.

"why did we never work?" leah asked.

spencer looked up at her, with a confused look. he was around 200 feet away from her, so she had to yell loud in order for him to hear her.

"what?" spencer asked her loudly.

"why didn't we ever work, spencer? were we too scared, or something? i- i'll be honest, i don't really understand it. i mean- jj's wedding was one of the best nights of my entire life, and-and i just wish i understood."

spencer just looked at her. "i-i don't know, leah. i was too scared. heck, it took me way too long to even gather the courage to talk to you on that first jet ride. i was- terrified. i liked you so much, you were just so- fearless, so amazing- i mean, how could anyone not like you?"

leah just stood in her tracks, her heart dropping to the bottom of her chest as spencer said those words.

"fuck it," leah started walking closer towards spencer at a quick pace. "i'm sorry about this."

before spencer could respond, leah walked up to him, grabbing his face and pulling it towards hers. however, before she actually kissed him, she stopped, waiting for his consent before pulling him in.

instead, spencer grabbed her face, kissing her passionately as the rain fell over them.

although they kissed for what felt like forever, only 30 seconds had passed by.

the two finally pulled away, and just stared at each other. after a moment or two of silence, leah rested her forehead on spencer's and started laughing, and spencer soon copied her actions.

"i love you," leah whispered.

spencer smiled at her. "i love you, too."