" Hi...  ( Y/n )," she said and gave the female her signature smile. ( Y/n ) panted and held the green-haired female's hands with her shaking ones, tears starting to form in the edge of her eyes, " Aw, what's with the glossy eyes-"

" Y-You're not going to leave me, right? N-no, y-you're strong, w-what am I s-saying?!"

" You're right, I... I can no longer live."

It felt as if ( Y/n )'s heart stopped beating, and she wonders if this was a dream. The tears finally came out and they flowed down her cheeks, landing on her palms whenever they reached her chin. Eto stopped smiling and held her comrade's hand tighter. The ( h/c )-haired female froze and she couldn't move, even if she wanted to.

" No... y-your lying-"

" I'm not, ( Y/n )," the Owl let go of her hand and caressed her cheeks, " Eh, you really grew, you know! You were probably as small as uh... maybe a message board!"

( Y/n ) finally gave up and allowed the tears to flow down more, her whimpering and curses were so silent but so painful at the same time. It ruined Eto's heart seeing her like that but the fact that she couldn't live any longer was true, and she couldn't deny it. She must accept it.

" Stop crying, ( Y/n ), crying over me won't do anything to solve the problem," the green-haired male patted her hair and tried comforting her by rubbing her back, " ( Y/n )~ I have one request... well two."

The injured woman looked up, her face wet and her eyes so red that caused Eto to giggle after seeing how messy she looks. The ( h/c )-haired female had enough and used her energy to hug her senior for the last time, crying even more when she realized that someone she loves so much is going to leave her again.

" Eto..." she whispered, " I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry... I-I wasn't able to d-do anything."

" Heh, are you going to listen to my request or... you know, cry 'till I die?" the immature female giggled.

" N-no, t-tell me."

" Number one, please stop crying, the tears can be used to make a new waterfall, you know?" Eto laughed, hoping it would make her laugh and it did. ( Y/n ) cried and laughed at the same time, and that made the immature lady chuckle, " Number two, stay with Kaneki."

Once she heard that one name she didn't want to hear, ( Y/n ) stopped whimpering but she continued to breathe heavily. The ( h/c )-haired female slowly broke the hug and stared at her dark green eyes that looked somewhat sleepy.

" What... do you want me to do with him?"

" Just stay beside him, that's it, as simple as that."

Eto then threw her head back and sighed, letting out a hearty laugh. ( Y/n ), who was softening her eyes, could only wipe her tears away with her bloody palms, her heart aching because Eto was still smiling even though she knew she was going to die.

" F-Fine..." the ( l/n ) sniffed and took out her mask, flashing the owl a heartwarming smile for the first time in ages, and that caused Eto to smile back at her.

" That's more like it. Tell me if you're going to get married to him, invite me to the wedding~"

" Don't say that..."

" Why not? You two look pretty cute together!"

" What makes you think that?"

" I don't know, to be honest, hehe. I just think so."