Chapter 11

"Lizzie, sweetheart, are you ready?". "Come on, were going to be late".

                                LIZZIE'S POV

It's my first day back to school and I am nervous as hell. I haven't seen anyone since before my black out happened at the dance.

I stand looking in the mirror at a petrified scared little girl peering back at me through the mirror.

"Ok!!, time for one of my magic pep talks".

I take a deep breath, in and out a few times and will myself to move.

"You can do this, Lizzie". "Just ignore the whisper's and stares". "They don't matter".

The door creek's open, making me jump.

"Sorry, Sweetheart". "I didn't mean to startle you"... "Are you ready to go?".

"I think so, but im so nervous". "What if they make fun of me again?".

"I will be there to protect you, Sweetheart". "And, Sam will be there". "And you have, Jimmy now that will watch your back". "You'll be ok, Sweetheart".

Levi gives me a hug enveloping me in his strong arm's and I bury my face in his chest soaking in his masculine scent of pine forest. After a few moment's I pull away slightly.

"I think I'm ready". "Let's get this day over with".

"Come on, Sweetheart". "I've got you".

We grab our stuff and head to the truck and then head in the direction of the school.

"We have to make a pit stop to pick up, Sam and, Jimmy first". "Then we can head to school".

"Ok, I just want to get this day over with as quick as possible".

We finally get to school and park the truck in our usual spot, heading inside.

As we walk to our lockers there are a few stares and snickers from kid's pointing as I hear one student whisper.

(Random student) "Oh look, it's the 'Freak'".

Levi just pull's me in closer to hi chest in a protective manor and continue walking.

"Just ignore them, Sweetheart". "They don't matter". "They don't know the truth like I do".

We grab our book's and head to each class throughout the morning, finally the lunch bell rings and, Levi and I go sit outside on the lawn for another picnic lunch, because I just can't face the kid's in the cafeteria.

                                      LEVI'S POV

"Hey, you ok?". "You haven't said a word in like ten minutes".

Lizzie takes a deep breath and sighs, the fog clearing from her eye's.

"Yeah, I'm ok". "I just wish people would stop staring at me". "I feel like im the main attraction of an amusement park ride or freak show".

"It will get better, Sweetheart". "The kid's will soon forget and move on to something else".

Lizzie grab's for my hand and scoots in between my leg's, leaning against my chest.

"I hope so, because I don't know how much of this I can take before I'll crack again". "I don't want that to happen again, Levi".

"It won't get that bad". "I promise, Sweetheart". "I will protect you".

Just then we hear foot steps come up behind us and I feel, Lizzie freeze in my arms.

"It's ok, Sweetheart". "It's just, Sam and, Jimmy".