Crashing A Council Meeting

Secrets and lies cause the world to turn.

We snuck into the Triskelion while Nat disguised herself as a World Security Council member to get closer to Pierce. I went with Steve and Sam to try to delay the launch of the Helicarriers. Steve and Sam go straight to the microphones while I sit in the center of the room, and I close my eyes. I start to feel the air around me deciding which way would be the best way to spread my emotional wave to everyone.

"Sammi, you ready to go?" Sam, who is now Falcon, asked me.

"Yes. It feels different, but I can still reach everyone enough to get a reading on who is a traitor and who is not," I tell Falcon as I start to send out my emotional wave.

Steve takes control of the microphone, and announces something to the whole Triskelion, "This is Captain America speaking. There are hidden HYDRA agents inside of S.H.I.E.L.D. We already know that Alexander Pierce is one of the hidden HYDRA agents. I need all of the true S.H.I.E.L.D agents to keep the Helicarriers from getting into the air and not launch Project Insight."

I could sense the negative energy coming from some of the agents in the building, but I had difficulty pinpointing exactly where it was coming from. I could sense more feelings with my powers, but my mind was not focusing. The serum was messing up everything in my head. I was starting to faint, but then I felt someone catch me.

"Hey, little Sam," The voice said. "I got you. Now, come on." I looked behind me to see Falcon holding my shoulder.

"What happened?" I asked.

He looked down, "You need to get to Natasha. Steve and I are going to get on the Helicarriers. You have to help Natasha and Fury with the second part of this plan."

"Promise that you'll keep yourself and my dad safe?" I asked as I stood up and activated my shield bracelet.

Falcon smiled, "I promise." He flew out the window to a Helicarrier and I headed to the stairs to get to the top floor where Nat and Pierce were. As I climbed the stairs, I could feel my body changing. My endurance and strength increased while I could feel my gunshot healing quicker than ever before. I knew that was all because of the serum, but I also knew that this had meant that HYDRA perfected the serum that Steve was given many decades ago. I finally reached the floor where Nat and Pierce were, but before I could do anything, I heard something.

"Nobody is going anywhere or doing anything," A voice said inside the room. "I am going to leave this room safely. If anyone tries to escape, then I will activate the devices around your necks, killing you all." I was able to sneak into the room without being seen. I saw that the person who was speaking was Alexander Pierce, and he was pointing a gun at another member of the WSC. I was about to jump out of my hiding spot, but then someone else did something.

"Did I step on your moment?" The WSC member said as they pulled a photostatic veil off their face. The WSC member was actually Nat in disguise. I knew that she was going to be hidden here, but I did not expect her to be a WSC member in disguise.

"NAT!" I yelled as I jumped out of my hiding spot stepping in front of Nat protecting her if Pierce shot.

Nat smiled at me, "You came. Now, let's call for some backup." She calls for Fury who comes into the room shortly after. "Fury, we need your help to finish this part of the plan."

Fury looked at me as I was protecting Nat, "You will need two agents of the highest degree to stop Project Insight."

Nat turned to Pierce, "Will you help us?"

"I will never help you. You and that little girl are both criminals and should not be here," Pierce tells Nat as he stares at me with his piercing eyes. I held onto my shield tighter trying to keep myself from throwing it right at his face.

Fury noticed me struggling, and spoke, "Pierce would never help us. He probably already erased everything about me being the director of S.H.I.E.L.D." Fury steps up to the computer. "He forgot about one thing though. My eye scan. A few weeks ago, I changed my eye scan from my good eye to my damaged one." He lets the computer scan his damaged eye, and it logs in.

"Good job, Fury. Now, let me in," Nat tells Fury. She walks over to the computer and starts typing quickly. I went over to the other WSC members to help calm them down.

"It is going to be okay," I tell them. "I need you to let me use my powers on all of you. It will help calm your nerves. I promise." I deactivated my shield bracelet and opened my hands. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and sent out one of my strongest emotional waves ever to the WSC members. I could sense all of their fear, nerves, and worries start to wash away, but not completely. When I stopped, I opened my eyes to see the WSC members finally being able to breathe comfortably.

"It is time, Romanoff," Fury tells Nat as she finishes on the computer. I watch as Nat pushes a button, and millions of computer files open up.

"Nat, what did you just do?" I whispered to Nat.

She looked back at me and stated very loudly, "I spilled all of HYDRA and S.H.I.E.L.D's files onto the web. Now the whole world will know everything that is going on here. This is the end of this organization."

Pierce stands up and tries to run. I throw my shield at him, but I miss. I watch as he activates the devices that all of the WSC members have around their necks. I start to get mad which causes the air around me to become like a tornado, but before I could do anything, I see that Nat's device was activated too. I calmed down before I hurt her or anyone else in the room.

"You all messed up. Now, I am going to leave here. Once I am safe, then I will deactivate the devices, but if you try to stop me, I will push the button," Pierce tells all of us. He starts to leave the room, but Nat starts messing with her device. I watched as she deactivated her device. She looks to Fury who gets the message. He shoots Pierce until he is dead, and then comes over to check on me.

"How are you doing, Rogers?" Fury asked me as I stared at Pierce's lifeless body imagining my own father's body when he died.

"Yeah I'm okay. Do we know if Sam and Dad finished their task?" I asked Fury.

He looks down at his tablet, "They have two of the chips in. The third one will give Hill full control of the Helicarriers. You should go join them in finishing it." I didn't even stop to say anything. I ran to the window and jumped onto the third Helicarrier as it passed the floor we were on. I ran to find Steve and Sam to finish this once and for all.