Caius hums before calling out something in a foreign language.

Seconds later, Demetri appears in front of us with a bow, "Master?"

"Retrieve Isadora's things for her." He orders.

Demetri seems to take a deep breath before bowing once more and disappearing in a blur.

I raise my eyebrows, "How is he going to find my stuff?"

"He can follow your scent." Caius answers.

"He can?" I sit up.

Caius hums and nods.

A sudden shadow casts over the garden. I look up to see a looming rain cloud and frown.

Caius stands up, pulling me with him.

I'm soon held close to him, one of his arms under my legs and my other on my back.

"You don't mind do you?" His cool, mint breath hits my face.

"Not at all." I smile.

The next few moments are merely just a bunch of blurs and wind blowing at my face, making my eyes feel dry.

I don't even notice I'm being placed down on my bed until I look around the room.

"Remind me to close my eyes the next time." I rapidly blink, trying to create some moisture.

"I'm sorry, amore." He says with an amused smile on his lips.

I sigh playfully and hop onto the floor, "I forgive you."

My eyes wander towards my suitcase stood by the door, along with my passport and plane ticket. That was fast.

I wheel the suitcase over to the closet and unzip it. I had mostly dresses stuffed in it, with a few pairs of shorts and t-shirts, though it seems like nothing compared to the full closet of expensive clothes.

I open the closet and look for mostly long sleeved shirts and long pants, its probably still freezing back home.

"I'm worried about your leaving," Caius materializes next to me.

I look up at him as I place a neatly folded shirt in the suitcase, "Why?

"Because, you're human and humans are fragile, weak—no offense." he adds hastily, "That is why I'm sending Jane, Alec, Felix and Demetri along with you."

I smirk at Demetri's name, knowing Meredith'll throw a fit about him coming along.

"And I'm giving you this," he pulls his V necklace over his head and places it in my hand, its slightly heavy and had three stones on it, one was amethyst, the other topaz and the last sapphire. "Show that to any vampire and they will leave you be, not saying you will run into any, just being safe."

"What does it symbolize?" I ask, running my thumb along each stone. I've seen almost every vampire here wearing these necklaces, only without the multiple gems.

"It's a Volturi crest. Volturi is my brothers and I's last name. We are the Volturi kings, everyone in this castle wears one to show that they are apart of us." He informs.

I slip the chain over my head and watch as it dangles from my neck.

"What are the gems?" I ask.

"Our stones. Aros is amethyst, Marcus's is sapphire and mine is topaz." He says.

I look up from the necklace and at him, "It's gorgeous."

He smiles, "Soon, you'll have your own crest with an added stone, tanzanite, of course." My birthstone.

I blink, "Why?"

"Because, you're queen, one of us."

My eyes widen. Me a queen? Of vampires?

I chuckle nervously, "I'm no queen."

Caius shakes his head, "nonsense."

I swallow thickly and take a deep breath. I swear, this trip is going to cause me an aneurism.

"You're going to be a wonderful ruler, mia cara." He reaches over and grabs my hand, my body relaxes.

"Yeah, hopefully." I furrow my eyebrows, still pondering over the fact of being a queen.

"Do not stress about it now," he says, "the crest looks wonderful on you." He smiles.

My cheeks flush and I smile back, "Thanks."

Caius grumbles, making me raise an eyebrow, "What?"

"We have company." He sighs.

On cue, my door opens and Aro and Marcus walk in.

I stand up and walk over to them, pulling the first person I see into a hug, which is Marcus. He quickly hugs back.

"How has your day been, bellissima?" I can feel his cool lips moving again the skin on my neck, sending chills down my body and giving me butterflies.

"It's been great." I say as we break the hug.

I then skip over to Aro and pull him to a hug as well.

"I see you've been packing," he says somberly.

I pull away and look over my shoulder at the open suitcase on the floor and nod, "Yeah."

"We will miss you very much," he pulls me into another hug, I melt into his embrace,

"I'll miss you guys, too," I sigh, "but, like I told Caius, I'll be back when school is done and you guys are visiting. It won't be so bad."

"You're coming back?" Marcus perks up.

I nod against Aros chest and look over his shoulder to Marcus, "Planning on it."

"Great news." His smile is bright and contagious.

Aro then backs away but keeps his hands on my lower back, his eyes immediately look down at the necklace hanging from my neck.

"I see dear Caius has let you borrow his crest." He sounds very jealous.

I look down at it as well, "Oh, yeah. Just until I get mine."

"Of course." He nods, his voice still laced with jealousy.

"You get jealous easily." I state before stepping back towards my suitcase.

"That is not true." He defends.

Caius scoffs, "It is very true, Aro."

Aro hums dramatically and stomps over to my bed, sitting down.

I choke back a laugh and zip my suitcase up.

𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐃, 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐢 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara