𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘

Start from the beginning

"I'll let you answer that in your head." I pushed his hand away. "If you wanted to kill me, you would've died fifteen minutes ago and I would probably be buried at the moment if you were nice enough." He looked at me, he was just as confused with my words as I was.

"You take what I'm capable of doing very lightly, witch." He turned around, striding very slowly towards me as I stopped back at the desk. "You have quite the trust in me." He leaned forward, his face growing closer to mine as I gripped the desk like it was my lifeline. His body slanted towards me as he reached forward, grabbing the liquor bottle from behind me, his lips brushing against my ear.

"I don't know what your intentions are of being a Death Eater." I looked at him as he was still deadly close to me. "Although I do know someone who has nightmares every day of his such an experience of watching your mother — of experiencing something like that. You wouldn't work willingly under him, not with the thoughts of wanting to slice open his body and tear out every single organ, finding joy in it."

"If you ever speak of this to anyone," he leaned in, his lips growing closer to mine as he held eye contact. "I will fucking kill you, Young. I will most definitely find joy in hearing you scream."

"If you want to kill me, go ahead then," I said, my lips twitched as the words left my mouth. I was trembling, my hands were shaking terribly as he leaned closer against my body. His pants brushed against the front of my thighs as a night robe was wrapped around my body. He was a Death Eater, they've had quite the reputation. They've killed people — torn families apart — spread fear in the minds of people.

"You're scared of me," he glared, "that's a good thing. You should be scared." He pulled out his wand from the pocket of his pants, twirling it in his hand as he poked it against the hollow of my neck. "I could mutter a spell and slice your entire body open within a second witch."

My heart was thundering quite quickly, I could believe that I would die of a heart stroke this very minute. He was a Death Eater, and there was a possible chance I was going to take one last breath by the hand of the guy I loathed. The Death Eaters, a group that terrorized people — people who wanted to purify the magical community by eliminating wizards and witches born to non-magical parents. I wonder if he had killed people as well.

"I'm not scared of you." I took in shallow breaths as he watched my every move. "I'm scared of who you could possibly be. Sacred of the parts I haven't discovered yet, I'm sure anyone would be." He stared at me for a minute longer, tilting his head to the side as he watched me. The way he was looking at me with his eyes tracing down at me — making my heart burn.

He didn't speak. "I'm sorry for what happened to your mother," I swallowed as I took a small step towards him. "I'm sorry you had to go through such a thing at a young age, no one deserves to have such a memory in their head when they were a child." He blinked, moving his wand away from my neck as I reached up, gently putting my arms around him. It was just a hug. "Before you think I'm hugging you out of pity, I'm not." The base of my chin rested on his shoulder as he hasn't reacted yet — still processing. "I truly am sorry."

I slowly pulled away, the side of my face brushing against his cheeks so very slightly as my eyes met him. With the sparkling glint in his eyes, I could count all the different shades of blue and green specks in his eyes if I had the chance. He looked at me a minute longer, trying to study and memorize every single detail as if he wouldn't get a chance to do it again. As if I were a test and he needed to remember all of it before he didn't have a chance anymore.

We have emotions, so many of them. Each type of emotion is nailed in our minds like a picture frame on a wall. But one very prime thing to always remember is emotions don't elucidate us, it's what you do with those emotions that matters the most. You could be angry, but do you choose to let that take the best of you or take a minute to just breathe.