/|10|\

"Just think about it... He doesn't know where I live and it's perfectly safe." Alex said.

Alex had been trying to convince Elizabeth to live with him for ten minutes now, but she was still unsure.

"What would Matt think?" Elizabeth asked, instantly thinking of her brother.
"Liz." Alex sighed, "He wouldn't care, okay? If he knew the situation then he'd understand. Besides we're just friends so I really don't see the issue... What is it with him about the two of us anyway?" He then asked.

He's worried that you'll end up breaking my heart if we got together, but little does he know you've already broken my heart several times before. Elizabeth thought to herself.

With what had just happened, Elizabeth felt most safe with Alex if anyone. But, would it be awkward if Elizabeth were to stay with Alex, considering their history? Of course Elizabeth had stayed at his before, but that was mostly because she would have been drunk out of her mind, yet there were some rare occasions where she spent the night at his, sober.

"You sure you wouldn't mind if I stayed at yours for a bit?" Elizabeth asked, "Maybe just until I sort this whole ordeal out?"
"I don't mind at all." Alex answered, a smile spreading across his face.

Is this what you wanted?

A question in which Elizabeth had been recently asking herself.

Alex coming back into her life was something she missed. She missed him. She missed how they used to be, and recently it had been feeling just like old times.

Sometimes she just thought back to the time when they were both 17 year olds, cuddling in the kitchen, as their lips brushed against each others, barely touching. She missed the thrill it was being with him and hiding it. It was like their love was forbidden, and whenever they got the chance they would sneak off where it could just be them.

Alex used to hold her in his arms.

"You ever think that one day, when we're older we won't have to hide?" He asked as he rested his forehead against hers.
"Maybe." Elizabeth said, "But don't you like it? It's fun to run around like this."
"But I want to be able show my love and affection for you in front of everyone, so everyone can see just how much I adore you." Alex said.
"Well aren't you a little romantic." Elizabeth said, a bright smiled spread across her face.
"You know me... the guy who's mouth hasn't shut up about you since you kissed it, and the idea that you may kiss it again is still stuck in my brain." Alex said.

Elizabeth smiled, remembering that letter he scribbled to her on a bar napkin. She still had it intact, to this day. It was in her bedside table draw, and some days she pulled it out and read over it, thinking about how much times have changed.

"I'm sorry that we drifted." Alex spoke up as he went to the balcony door, looking up into the sky, watching as a storm threatened to arise from the dark, misty clouds, "I should've made more of an effort to visit you."
"Turner, that isn't your fault. Matt was set on you not seeing me and yet you still managed to sneak sometimes. I'm grateful for the times you did visit." Elizabeth said.

"I missed you, Liz." Alex said, turning around to face her.
"I missed you too." Elizabeth said.
"That night, I've been thinking about it a lot recently, and trust me, I've been trying not to, because I know how much you-"
Elizabeth cut Alex off.
"Turner, it's not that I didn't- I liked- Well... You know how Matt would've reacted." Elizabeth finally spat out.
"Why do you care so much of what he thinks? You're your own person, it's your life, do what you want." Alex said.
"It wasn't just Matt that contributed to my decision, and when that 'AM' person kept calling you I-"

This time Elizabeth got cut off by Alex.

"How many times do I have to tell you? She's out of the picture." Alex said.
"That was her, wasn't it? Arielle, she's AM" Elizabeth asked.
Alex looked down to the ground and back up to her. "Yes." He said simply.

Elizabeth sighed.

"You know, Turner. All those years I had known you, I did feel the same way, I just didn't admit it until later, and apparently it was too late." Elizabeth said as she walked to the counter and took the plates off the bench, beginning to wash them.

Alex silently walked over to Elizabeth and took the dishes out of her hands.
"Let me." He said.

Elizabeth moved out of the way and stood behind him, watching as he cleaned the plates.

"I'm sorry I care so much about what Matt thinks. He's just... He's my brother, I care about him so much and I don't want to risk losing him again." Elizabeth said, "And he doesn't exactly like the idea of us together."

Alex stopped washing the dishes and stared out in front of him for a moment.
"I get it." He said simply, then continuing to wash the plates.

The bond in which Elizabeth and Alex had... it was something else. Even the band could see it. Though they seemed as if not to notice, they did. Especially Matt, he was somewhat bothered by it. Perhaps it was because his sister and best mate became closer and closer over the years and he didn't want to be bothered by it, he wanted the best for the both of them, even if that means they somehow end up together. But, then again, Matt doesn't exactly like that idea.

Elizabeth, she's talented, beautiful, and has a bright future ahead of her.

Alex, he's talented, handsome, and has a bright future ahead of him.

That's what everyone thinks of the two of them, but the truth is, they're broken, and need each other more than anyone else on this Earth.

So, the bond in which Elizabeth and Alex had is still there, and there's no chance of it fading away.