His feet was already shackled from the day he was born huh? Shinichi frowned at this thought as he stopped at the end of the bridge. 

"Taking a short stroll at this time? Your Majesty."

When Shinichi heard the voice, he couldn't helped but smile. He turned around and saw the only person that he have ever trusted in his life, standing a few feet away from him. 

"I see you still have a habit of appearing out of nowhere, Kaito."

Kaito grinned widely at him as he hands him a red rose, which he gladly took. Kaito was no guard nor a part of any royalty. In fact, he was a phantom thief with the name 'KID' who never failed to steal the jewels he has his eyes on. 

They met each other when Shinichi found him sneaking around in the throne room with the family heirloom in hand. It was a round sapphire that possessed a small ruby inside which was found and gifted to the 5th Emperor. Out of everything that was left to him by his father, it was the only thing that he kept close to his heart that's why when he saw it in the possession of some unknown person, he didn't hesitated and fought him for the jewel. It was a long sword fight that he surprisingly enjoyed and without noticing it, they already became close to one another, with something more that awaits for them.

Right now, Kaito and Shinichi are on the bridge, staring up at the sky where a beautiful full moon is shining brightly tonight. 

"Is Your Majesty still not considering my proposal?"

Kaito broke the comfortable silent with a question that he has been meaning to asked. Not too long ago, he proposed that the Emperor should run away with him, far from this place he called Prison. He knows, the misery beneath those azure eyes whenever Shinichi looks out of the window, the desire to escape from this place and grab the freedom he has been dreaming of having but couldn't. It pains him to see such emotions presence in the person he holds dearly, he already considered kidnapping him by forced but he respect Shinichi's decision that is why he's still waiting for him. For him to take his hand and run away to a place where he can be free and happy.

Shinichi looked up at the sky and smiled. The cold night breeze hitting his face, with his cow licked hair swaying in the cold air, he answered him back.

"If only I could, Kaito. I would have already said yes long ago. But can I really... truly receive freedom... with you?"

Kaito, who has been looking at Shinichi's reflection on the river, quickly looked at the Emperor who is giving him such a hopeful smile on his face. Everything changed that night when the azure eyed ruler changed his answer from the usual declines to a question full of hope. That very night, the Imperial Palace went into chaos when their Emperor disappeared leaving a mountain of documents that will help them for a decade even without his presence. Shinichi has prepared them when he could no longer stay and endure all of this, which is why he was able to leave at ease knowing that he has given his people enough time to find a new ruler, a new Emperor that is not him. 

Now, riding on a horse with his savior, they are on their way to a new place to have a new start where nobody knows his identity as the run away Emperor. 

Shinichi looked up to see Kaito looking down at him, smiling lovingly at him which he returned back as they finally shared their first kiss with no judgement, law, and status to worry about. They can finally freely love one another and.. 

"No curse and the likes can ever break our unconditional love to each other."

***

[Present]

"To think that we got reincarnated and still Lovers in the future. You really stick truth to your words and kept me lock in your heart huh? What a sneaky thief you are."

Sitting down at the edge of the window, sat side by side, Shinichi is resting his head on Kaito's shoulder as they watch the red blood moon slowly disappearing which sadden them both but still kept it positive knowing that they still lived and loved one another. They finally know the truth behind the curse when Shinichi died in Kaito's arms, it was no curse after all but was a blessing, a chance given to those who do not wish to rule and was instead given a peaceful death where they can enjoy their next life freely. However, Shinichi was an exception. Being reincarnated where they regained their past memories for the duration of the eclipse, it was only short but every second of it means the whole world for them. 

"That's how much you have made this Phantom Thief submit to you, Your Majesty~"

"You're still calling me that, geez. Can you.. say my name? This might not be the last time but we don't know when this will happen again." 

The embarrassed and flustered expression on his Lover's face was new to Kaito, who only see an emotionless and compose expression on him back in their time which made his heart flutter. Grinning widely, Kaito looked at Shinichi and lift his chin up, whispering words full of love and passion.

"No matter how many years I have to wait, knowing that we were given another chance to love one another without the memories of the past and still having this short time for each other as us, I would not trade it for the world, Shinichi." 

Just like the time when they successfully escaped the Imperial Palace, they shared the kiss full of passion as the moon up at the sky in front of them returned back to its beautiful hue of white and gray. 

***

[Omake]

After pulling away from the kiss, both of them were confused as to why they were kissing and sitting down at the edge of the window. Eyes already back to Indigo and Azure with no memories of what happened earlier nor the dreams they had, Shinichi quickly shoot a terrifying glare at Kaito which startled the poor magician since he was as clueless as his Lover but was still blame for it. 

"What do you think are you doing, Kuroba Kaito?"

"I swear to God, this is not my doing- UWAAAHHH WAIT I'M GONNA FALL- HELPPP!!!"

***

A/N: Eyy finally got to update after a whileee

P.S. The clouds were being a bitch tonight so I didn't fully witnessed the Red Blood Moon.