Chapter Seventeen

(A/N: Yo, people! Only three more chapters to go! Anywho, enjoy this chappie and pic on the side is for later... This chapter is dedictaed to one of my followers; grandegirl128. Thanks for your support!!! Love ya! —->)

____

Chapter Seventeen

KAMINA

Everyone was depressed about the death of our Third Hokage. During his funeral, I really cried my eyes out and my team along with some of Konoha 12 were able to comfort me. I never really got a chance to show my gratitude to the Hokage for taking me in and letting me live in the Leaf... I'll miss you, grandpa third! You were a great man! Although the village had its downfall, we were able to rebuild the damage that the assassination brought to the buildings and houses. The Hidden Sand is still our allies and we understood that Orochimaru used them to get me and Sasuke in his hands. Gaara, Temari and Kankuro left the village a few weeks ago but I gave them all something to remember me by before they left.

"What's this?" Temari asked as I handed her a bracelet

"It's a charm bracelet, Temari! Each charm really suits you!" I said as I put the bracelet around her wrist. It really suits her because the charms were mostly different styles of fans.

I then faced Kankuro and gave him a blue scroll. "What's this? Something to kill me when I get back home?" he teased making me roll my eyes and bonk him in the head making him groan and Temari laugh.

"No, open it when you get home and I'm sure you'll come back to Konoha to thank me" I said and ignored his comments as I faced Gaara, who looked at me with slight nervousness. I smiled before giving him a hug which made him tense but eventually relax as he hugged me back. We stayed in that embrace for a while before I pulled back and took something from my weapons pouch. I handed him the cute object which made him stare at it with confusion.

"Here, she's all yours! I have on just like it, see?" I said as I raised a teddy bear that was identical to the one he was holding but mine had a blue ribbon while his had a pink one.

"Why did you give me a teddy bear?" he asked as he eyed the bear I gave him.

I giggled. "I noticed that you have insomnia so I gave you a teddy bear! When you have nightmares, hug that bear and imagine that that's me, comforting you and telling you that your best friend is always here for you! I also placed a jutsu on that bear so it can tame the Shukaku so you can sleep peacefully. I named my bear Pan-Pan because you look like a panda so I named it after you!" I said

Temari and Kankuro stared at me with wide eyes and smirks while Gaara eyed his teddy bear for a while before staring at me. "Should I name mine, as well?" he asked

"Of course!" I answered

He thought for a while before smiling a genuine smile which made all of us surprised. "I'll name her MiMi" he said making all of us laugh.

"Why did you choose 'Mimi' for her name?" I asked with a smile

"Because your name is Kamina so I took the second syllable and repeated it" he answered making me laugh again before hugging him...

"I'll miss you Pan-pan" I said which made him laugh surprisingly.

"I'll miss you too, Mimi. Thank you for being my best friend" he said

As we pulled away, I gave each of them one last hug before they left to go back to Sunagakure.

Naruto left the village with Jiraiya a few days ago to search for the next Hokage, Lady Tsunade. When I heard about this, I was really excited to see Lady Tsunade again! It's been years since I saw her and Lee's operation would probably go better if she were here. Itachi Uchiha and Kisame Hoshigaki came to the village two days ago which did not go well, might I add.