Another Board Meeting

Emilie was confused.It wasn't like Scrooge to call a board meeting.Her,yes.Scrooge,no.So,what was the reason?
Emilie walked in the board room.It still seemed odd without Bentley, and Buford in it.It was hard to believe that they were clones of Bradford.But it wasn't empty.Scrooge was there,along with his daughter Courtney, and granddaughter Dickie.
"Hello."said Emilie when she sat down at her seat.
"Hello Emilie."said Scrooge. "You've met Dickie,but I don't know if you've met my daughter Courtney."
"Oh,yes,I've met her.When we were escaping from the F.O.W.L. cells."
"Ah.Well,you're probably wondering why I called you here."
"Yeah,the thought had crossed my mind."
"Well, I thought it would be a good idea for Courtney, and Dickie to be part of the board."said Scrooge.
"Seriously Dad?!"said Courtney. "Using your C.F.O. to get me to join your company?"
"Uh-did I miss something?"asked Emilie,who was ignored.
"Your my daughter!"said Scrooge. "I expect you to inherit this company!"
"It's always the same thing with you, and Mom!You want me to inherit your company while Mom wants me to become a treasure hunter!"
"And what do you with your life instead?Decide to goof around with a bunch of ghosts!"
"I'm a paranormal investigator!"
"Oh yeah!A fine occupation!Where your job depends on putting on a show!"
"You make me sound like a show girl!"
"Well,if you were going to break your parents' hearts you should of at least picked an occupation that actually paid you money!"Scrooge said.
"I'm-going to the bathroom."said Emilie awkwardly.
"I get paid!You would know that if you actually cared about other people!"yelled Courtney.
"Right.Whatever."said Emilie getting up, and leaving the room.Clearly nobody was paying that much attention to her.Emilie walked down the hall.She wondered what would happen if she just left, and Scrooge,Courtney, and Dickie noticed that she was gone.
'Who names their kid Dickie anyway?Poor kid was probably tormented in school.' Emilie thought as she wondered what she should do.
"Hi!"said an overly perky voice behind Emilie.
"Hi Dickie."said Emilie when she turned around.
"So,what are you doing?"asked Dickie.
"Honestly?No idea."admitted Emilie.
"Oh.Well...what do you want to do?"
"To find a way for Mr.McDuck, and your mother to stop arguing."
"Oh."
"What?"
"It's just that Mom kept me away from her parents until I found the Papyrus of Binding, and that's when she told me everything."
"What about your dad?"
"He's in jail."
'Apparently falling for criminals is a family trait.' thought Emilie as she continued to think of a way to stop Scrooge's, and Courtney's arguing.
"Hey!Hey!Emilie!"shouted Louie as though on cue.
"Yeah,Louie?"asked Emilie.
"I found some people who could replace those buzzards!"said Louie.
"Who?"said Emilie trying to hide her suspicions about who one of those people might be.
"Some lady named Brigitta MacBridge."
"Okay."
"And me."
"Louie."said Emilie. "This Brigitta MacBridge person sounds fine.But you-your too young."
"Well, I don't want to be on the board."said Dickie.
"Now you say something!"said Emilie throwing her arms in the air.
"Well,what do you want to do with your life?"asked Louie.
"I want to be a journalist."said Dickie.
"No!"said Emilie grabbing Dickie by the shoulders. "No amount of money is worth dealing with Roxanne Featherly!"
"I wasn't planning on being a news anchor. I was planning on working at a newspaper."
"Oh.Yeah.That's so much better."said Emilie removing her hands from Dickie's shoulders.
"Why don't we tell Uncle Scrooge all this?"Louie stating the obvious solution.
"Hopefully Mr.McDuck, and Courtney are done arguing."said Emilie walking back to the board room with Dickie, and Louie.
"I could save somebody in this family one day you know!"Courtney yelled at Scrooge when Emilie opened the board room door.Scrooge's reaction to what Courtney said was to laugh.
"Seriously?"Scrooge said while laughing. "You? Save a member of this family?! By being a paranormal investigator?!"
"Yes!"Courtney retorted.Scrooge continued to laugh.
"Okay.Enough."said Emilie.
"SHADDUP!"yelled Emilie resulting in Scrooge to stop laughing. "Now that I have your attention,Dickie is there something you wanted to tell Mr.McDuck?"
Dickie took a deep breath.She had no idea how her grandfather would react to her not wanting to be on the board.
"Grandpa."began Dickie. "I don't want to work on the board. I want to be a journalist. I want to work on a newspaper."Nobody said anything for a while.
"Awww,but Dickie,you found the Papyrus of Binding.That means you're my rightful heir."said Scrooge.
"Doesn't mean she has to work for you!"snapped Courtney.
"Don't worry,Mr.McDuck."said Emilie quickly so another argument between father, and daughter won't erupt. "Louie found somebody named Brigitta MacBridge online. I plan on looking into her to see if she's suitable."Scrooge didn't say anything.
"Oh,fine."Scrooge said finally.
"Is that all?"asked Emilie. 'Please say yes,please say yes.'she added inwardly.
"Yes."
"Great.I'll see you at the next board meeting.Or whenever I see you next."said Emilie before leaving the board room.Emilie took a deep breath when she entered the hallway.She didn't realize she had been holding her breath the whole time she was in the board room the second time.