Part 2: First Day

Finally, Temari was done for the day and that meant Shikamaru would finally get the rest he's been praying for ever since a few hours ago. It was unfortunate enough to be called up on his day off and told he has a mission but his mission being an escort, bodyguard and whatever else for somebody like Temari was too much but there was nothing to do about it. A mission is a mission and the Hokage's word is final.

"Hey do you have a place to stay while you're here?" Shikamaru asks

"Well, I thought I'd find a guest house here or something. Anyway you can go home now"

"As much as I want to right now, I can't. The mission is that I stick with you as long as you're in the village. Of course, I don't think that means I necessarily have to live with you" He states

"Fine"

They scowered the village to find accommodation for Temari with no luck. Even more of a drag for Shikamaru. For Temari, this was another reason to hate her mission and hate being here but it was kind of nice to be away from the Sand for a little while

"How can all apartments and guest houses be full?" Temari half asks, obviously irritated

"Relax." He says and stretches his arms, exhausted

"First I was summoned by Lady Hokage. Then I got assigned to a mission even though it was my day off. On top of that my mission is to be with Temari all day as long as she's in the village. Now we went around the village for almost two hours looking for a place for Temari to stay but every guest house is full. What a drag. I guess there's no choice"

"Look you can stay at my place.. At least until there's an opening in one of  the guest houses" He offers

"What?!" Shocked by Shikamaru's offer

"Yeah, obviously you can't sleep on the street"

"Is he serious?" She thought "Either way, I got no choice. I can't believe I'm about to agree to this"

"Okay, fine. But don't get any ideas" She tells him, the seriousness in her tone was frightening

"I wasn't thinking of anything" Shikamaru felt offended

A while later, they arrived at Shikamaru's place. To her surprise, the place was nice and neat, it was almost as if it wasn't Shikamaru's. "For somebody like him, this place sure is tidy" She thought

"Its nice and tidy I see. I honestly was expecting a mess everywhere" She admits

"Sorry to disappoint you" He says sarcastically with a smile on his face

"So you live here by yourself?"

"Yeah. Moved out of  my parent's a while ago"

"So where am I sleeping? I'm exhausted" She asks

"Here, you'll be sleeping in here" Shikamaru states, leading Temari to his bedroom.

"But it looks like you sleep here and I didn't see any other room with a bed in it. I told you not get any ideas. We are not sharing the bed!" She reprimands.

"I never said anything about sharing a bed. I'm gonna be sleeping on  the couch in the other room." He replies  and walks away leaving Temari by the door way of the bedroom in a penitent state and then came to a halt

"You know, a simple 'Thank you' never hurt anybody" And with that he disappeared

She'd regretted saying that to him especially after he kindly offered her a place to stay for a little while. She's gotten hurt in the past and taken advantage of. In the past, she was a nice and pdositive girl whom everyone loved. She always bought that warm and positive energy wherever she went. Even people who didn't like her at first eventually liked her.

Even though Gaara hated both her and Kankuro she liked seeing the bright side of things but she still wished they'd all get along like proper siblings. Few years later, she got involved with somebody but betrayed her in the worst way possible. That crushed her, it broke her, and left her in pieces. Sometime later, she moved on but at the same time she developed depression. Soon, the lively girl she was completely faded.

Almost as if she never existed. Along with the depression, she developed a new unpleasant personality. She became a rude, short-temped and slightly cold but she still loved her siblings and would do anything for them.

Temari(POV)

Maybe it was wrong of me to say that. And I really want to apologize. He's been instructed to put up with me all day everyday as long as I'm here and he's offered me a place to stay, the least I could do is be greatful to him.
I can't believe how tall he's grown but he's still as lazy and unmotivated by anything.

___________________________________

ShikaTema, my favourite couple in the Naruto-verse, haha. I'm so excited to write a story about them. Thanks for giving it a chance, please let me know in the comments what you think. Also please VOTE & FOLLOW!

Unravel-Ken