White Lies | two | windfall

Start from the beginning

He had been too passionate in making one of his dreams come true that he was completely blindsided when he found out that he had lost you instead. When you had been the reason for him to ever have a dream at all, and he was almost left without a purpose when he had to watch you walk away.

London. Two years later...

Taehyung tightened his coat around his body as the cold breeze came passing by.

He had only been in this city for two days, and had yet to grow accustomed to the weather that was awfully different compared to what he had grown used to back home.

More than half an hour had passed since he sat down in this outdoor cafe right at the heart of the city, and he felt his chest growing tight the more he waited. He had noticed from a while ago that the cold weather had nothing to do with it, when he could feel his tension growing with each passing second and his nerves getting all over the place as he anticipated what was to come.

Taehyung tried to keep himself busy as a distraction. His hands were constantly moving, from touching and fixing his scarves, moving to slip in and out of his coat pocket, to continuously tapping and touching the smooth curves of his mug. Though nothing seemed to work, he realised after a while, when his emotions kept flowing rapidly through his body and nothing could truly calm him down. In the end, he could only keep his hands clenched tightly on the table while he let his mind wander all over the place.

What should I say?

What do I tell her?

Will she come to see me at all?

He kept wondering these things to himself, before a bitter chuckle slipped right out of his lips when he finally realised just how reckless he had been for coming here without a plan. He couldn't even remember what had truly driven him to catch the first flight he could get to London. It had been two years too late, and he couldn't even begin to convince himself that it had been the right decision to come here at all.

What was he trying to accomplish by coming here? Was he really going to chase you and get you back?

Two years too late. He kept repeating these words to himself ever since the moment he hopped on that flight, scolding himself even when he knew that there was nothing he could do to bring those missing two years back.

For the past two years, he had almost put his whole life on hold. Never once had he ever stopped thinking about you, regretting all the bad decisions that he had made in the past every moment of his life without you. His mistakes, and everything that he had done to hurt you had been haunting him, enough to motivate him to gather all the confidence to bring you back.

Even if it would be far too late.

It was not as if he never once thought of trying to do something to get you back before. He had every reason to not make any move or to simply get up and leave to chase your shadows in haste since the day you walked away. It had been the same reason which had led him to push you away. The very same reason why he had become someone who was capable of hurting you.