Chapter 1

There was warmth surrounding his bed. 

Whether it was the heat he had created by stuffing a bunch of pillows around him or whether it was his own body's temperate, Harry didn't know but he enjoyed it. The heat was overwhelming but there was something so calming about it. He liked the way he made him suffocate. The high temperature had that effect upon him. His vacant eyes kept staring at the wall clock in his bedroom. Any minute now and Zayn would be here, to take him away to the dreaded shrink. It took every ounce of power in Harry's body to keep himself from kicking Zayn away. He wanted to scream 'NO,' toss years of friendship and loyalty aside but he knew he couldn't do that. Not to Zayn, at least. 

On cue, there was the sound of the lock being opened from the outside. Harry sighed to himself, his hands reaching out to what he felt were chains around his neck, restricting his oxygen supply only to meet with his plain check. No chains. Just flesh. He got put from his lying position and straightened his back out. 

For this particular day, he had decided to wear something different. The sky blue silk shirt he had thrown on had some golden flowers around the sleeve. His pants were flared bottoms and the belt carried a small silver butterfly buckle. He looked ready for a party rather than a visit to the psychologist. He caused unbuttoned a few top buttons, letting his chest be a bit exposed and the necklace dangling down his body came into light. It was a small silver cross and on his toned chest, it certainly matched the attire. 

"Are you ready Hazza?" Zayn spoke softly as if cooing a baby. His eyes had already soaked in the dress that Harry wore but he didn't object to it. Harry could dress up however he wanted as long as he left his apartment and went with him to the therapist. 

"If I say I'm not, will you let me be?" Harry rolled his eyes, smiling lightly at the dark-haired man who had entered his bedroom without a single knock. After the many times that Zayn had had to barge inside his apartment, it seemed that the man had forgotten about the proper etiquette to follow when Harry wasn't drowning himself in the bathtub or standing on the side rails of the balcony. 

"Let's go," Zayn chuckled. There was a soft smile playing on his lips as he picked up Harry's phone and wallet. He was familiar with the taller lad's mannerisms and knew that Harry would forget all about these things. He would simply walk outside the building and sit in the car without a single care in the world, not even caring that he didn't have any money on him. This is where Zayn came into the picture. Over the years, he had become the person who took care of Harry's phone, wallet, car keys, house keys, and whatnot. Harry had never objected to that and he wasn't about to start now. Zayn made his life easier. He liked that.

Just like Zayn had predicted, Harry walked outside his apartment and took the stairs instead of the elevator to reach downstairs before proceeding onto the parking lot. He was slow to arrive and Zayn, who had taken the elevator like any normal person would if their residence is on the eleventh floor, had started the car and was waiting for Harry's arrival. He toyed around to find the right song. Nothing good was playing which meant he was forced to pair his phone with the car, letting soothing classical music play out. He knew Harry liked that type of thing during car rides. 

"How long am I supposed to be there for?" Harry asked, his fingers tapping against the window of the car as his eyes stared intently at Zayn. 

"An hour. Do you want me to be present with you inside?" 

"There's no need." 

"Oh?" Zayn glanced back. A little surprised because Harry always seemed like he needed him. "Are you sure?" 

"It's not an individual therapy if there are three people in the room," Harry smirked in Zayn's direction before turning his gaze by his side of the car window. It was a bright afternoon. The sun was glaring down upon them all and despite the weather being cold, Harry had not taken a single jacket with him. If it wasn't for Zayn working up the heater of the car before Harry got inside and bringing him a light brown suede coat, Harry would've caught cold by now.