epilogue.

"woah!" josh laughs at tyler, the red blanket-cape tied around his neck, his eyes lit up with joy. "you look like superman" the older man laughs at the boy, and tyler nods in satisfaction.

"daddy.. i AM superman" tyler huffs, pulling his arms against his chest and dramatically stomping his bare foot against the green grass. josh runs to tyler swiftly, rugby tackling him to the ground and kissing his head.

"of course, baby boy. you're my superman. my little super hero" he coos, pulling the laughing boy into his arms and rolling over, tyler now laying on josh's chest.

they lay there for a while, not a peep from any of their lips, until tyler says: "daddy?"

"yes, little one?"

"pinky promise to love me forever? and ever?" tyler sighs, his emotions getting the best of him as a tear escapes his eye, unsure why josh, the hot red-head teacher chose him. josh's face contorts, looking his boy in the eyes and smiling.

"i pinky promise, baby. forever, and ever, and ever. to the moon and back" josh reassures the doe-eyed boy.

"mkay, daddy." he contently lays his head back on his chest, tyler's eyes closing as he takes in the scent of the grass and flowers surrounding the two of them.

tyler's mind wanders and his little space starts to slip away, the smile on his face replaced with a smirk as he twisted himself on top of the red haired man, planting a kiss on his pink lips.

"i love you" he whispers into his ear, placing his head against his beating heart, listening to it to speed up.

josh grabs the little boys waist and pulls him to his feet, asking "ty, can you go grab me a drink?" tyler smiles and nods his head at his partner, unknowing of what was to come.

as he walks away into their house, josh's smirk turns into a deep grin. he puts his hand in his back pocket and pulls out what he'd been wanting to show tyler for the last three months.

"mom" josh whispers as he looks into the glass of tyler's favourite jewellery store. he points to the diamond ring tyler couldn't ever keep his eyes off when they walked past there.

$17,000.00. the price tag threw the boy off, though. tyler would never let josh spend so much money on such a small thing.

josh knew it was right though. he knew it was the ring he wanted to marry tyler with. "mom, i'm getting this ring for my boy." he gushes, the smirk on his face widening as he walks into the store, laura in tow.

she hadn't said a word, but the smile on her face showed josh exactly how she felt.

walking up to the cashier, josh smiles "can i please buy the diamond ring on view from the front of the store." the cashier nods and walks over to the glass box the ring was encased in, unlocking it with a key and walking behind the register.

opening the box, the ring shines against the sun, the diamond at the centre almost as bright as tyler's eyes.

he hears the backyard door open and he quickly shoved it behind his back, as to stop tyler from being able to see it before the right time.

"come gimme a kiss ty" josh ushers over the boy in overalls and a cape. he skips over, the glass of water in his dainty hands splashing in the cup.

he pulls the boy towards him with his spare hand and kisses his pink lips, the giggle tyler let out causing butterflies to take flight in josh's stomach.

"pretty boy, can you please put the water on the step behind you?" his plan worked perfect as tyler faced the step and walked towards it to put the water down.

he got onto his knee, opening the ring box, waiting for tyler to face him again. he watches as the small statured boy turns around, his smiley face replaced with tears, his hands covering his mouth as he notices what's going on.

"josh" he cries happily, walking towards the man holding the ring. "wha- how-" he was cut off by josh placing the ring on his finger.

"tyler. my boy. i know we met on awkward terms, and our relationship was rocky from the start. but these last 3 years i've spent with you have been the best of my life. you make me want to try my best.. to be my best. you make my life worth living. will you, tyler robert joseph, marry me?" josh cries, kissing the ring that fit perfectly on the dainty boy's finger.

"y-yes! of course! yes! i love you so much" tyler sobs and falls into his fiancé's chest the world around him seeming so small when he was in his arms. so peacefully small.