❝ fifteen ❞

"it's gonna be okay."

"mhm. yep, okay." bad's in the makeshift lab with camille, analysing the sample of vine.

camille spins around on the wheely chair, obviously having fun.

"camille, i don't know much about you. how are you?"

"i'm good, thanks! hey, how do you know dream?"

"well, back in the days we worked on a project together."

"a project?" camille stops spinning in her chair, getting dizzy.

"yep. a secret one, before you ask what it was."

"oh, shame. i would love to know. how far is... back in the days?"

"just when l'manberg was formed."

camille raises her eyebrows. "oh, that was a while back."

"mhm."

camille wheels forward, watching bad. she stays silent for a moment, then speaks up. "what was that project you were working on with dream?"

"can't say."

"please!"

"sorry."

"pleaseee, i'll do anything!"

"nope."

"fine. you asked for it." camille takes a deep breath. "your mum your mum your mum your mum your mum your mum your mum your—"

"OKAY! okay, fine." bad puts down his tweezers and turns to camille. "we were working on a project... creating nukes."

camille's heart drops. "what? nukes? jesus christ... what for?"

bad sucks air in through his teeth. "okay, i seriously can't tell you that."

camille stands up and paces back and forth. "you said you met him doing a project, around the time l'manberg started... dream is a controlling idiot, which means he probably wasn't happy about that. no, in fact, i know he wasn't happy about that. i had to deal with his grumpy mood! oh my god— you were gonna use the nukes to blow up l'manberg!"

bad's jaw drops. "you're a real detective! truth is, you're right. sort of. dream enlisted me to help him because he wanted protection in case l'manberg ever became a threat."

"i can't believe it. where are those nukes now? gone? destroyed?"

bad sighs, looking forlorn. "i didn't want to tell you this, but since you're involved with dream it's only fair i tell you. but you can't tell him i told you, understood?"

"got it."

"he kept them. he kept the nukes stored away secretly, in case he'd ever need to blow up l'manberg." bad hesitates. "he sent me a letter explaining how you left the dream smp. he wanted me to come back to the dream smp to make sure the nukes were still in good condition."

"i..." camille lets out a shaky laugh. "you're lying."

"i'm not. i'm sorry, camille."