❝ fourteen ❞ 

"he's really sweet. it's funny. i used to hate him with every fiber of my body."

karl laughs, nodding along. "ah, a cliché enemy to lovers, hm?"

camille snorts, swinging her legs. they're on top of the community house. "sure."

"so... you say all of a sudden you just... fell in love with dream?"

camille laughs lightly. "no, karl. i'd been in love with dream before, when i was part of the dream smp. those feelings returned as we reunited."

"that's sweet!"

"it is."

"hey, this was fun, but i gotta go find sapnap. we'll talk soon, okay?"

"sure! this was fun, karl."

karl beams then runs down the stairs, leaving camille alone to look at the bright stars.

***

it's been four days since the vines were discovered in l'manberg. dream was on his way back from checking out the vines around the camarvan. using camille's chalk line, he saw the vine had grown about 20cm.

"she's here!"

dream's straightens up, looking towards the entrance to the dream smp. faintly, in the distance, camille can see two figures walking towards them. dream and camille share a look then race towards them.

everyone's crowded together, greeting the newcomers. they move out of the way to make room for dream and camille.

"hi guys!" alyssa says excitedly.

"hey everyone." a guy camille had never seen before is next to alyssa, waving awkwardly.

"hi alyssa! and you, must be badboyhalo."

"bad!" dream exclaims, grabbing his friend and hugging him.

"hi dream!"

"how's rat?"

"oh, rat's just fine."

"i'm sorry, you have a fucking rat as your pet?" camille squeaks.

dream cringes, and bad's eyes widen. "language, you muffinhead!"

camille blinks, glancing at dream. "o-oh, sorry! i won't swear."

"so, you need me for some paranormal stuff, is it?"

dream nods. "yes. come, we can go to my room and i'll explain everything. you come along too, camille."

the trio walk to dream's house, and as they walk, camille's and dream's hands brush multiple times. eventually, dream holds her hand and she smiles at him.

"ooh, so you two are a thing?"

camille jumps, almost forgetting bad was behind them. "sorry! didn't mean to make you feel like a third wheel—"

she starts pulling away from dream's hand but bad stops her. "it's fine! it's so cute."

camille blushes, then quietly thanks bad.

at dream's house, dream and camille sit next to each other across from bad.

"explain everything."

after dream explained everything there was to explain about the vines, bad nods.

"alright. i'm not sure exactly what it is, but i might know once i see them. is there anyway we could check these out?"

"yes, but we'll have to wear masks of some sort."

"okay. and you said you've got two infected? can we also see them?"

"sure."

"wonderful. so what do you use as masks?"

***

the three of them stop at the prison.

"okay, let's put our masks on." camille says. going through ponk's medical office, they managed to find some surgical masks.

dream enters first, nodding to ranboo and punz. he turns on flips on the light switch and leads bad and camille down the hallway, towards tommy and ponk. once they get to their cells, dream stands of the way.

bad comes forward and looks into the cell.

tommy's on the ground, bruised and battered. his condition had gotten a lot worse, especially since he refused to eat or drink anything.

his breathing is shallow, and his arms, legs and face are engulfed in the red vines.

bad sighs sadly. "oh poor tommy..."

camille eyes the teenager sadly. she misses his funny antics, and she's certain tubbo does too. ever since tommy became like this, tubbo's been extremely down.

bad looks into the other cell, to check up on ponk. ponk's more or less in the same condition, except he's sitting up and he's breathing fine. he looks asleep, until he opens his eyes.

"hi. i've never seen you before."

bad looks startled, then he regains his composure. "yes, hi. i'm just here to... check on something."

ponk nods, still sitting. "i see. i hope you find whatever you're looking for."

"thank you."

ponk shuts his eyes and bad turns to dream and camille. "ponk's conscious, and can speak just fine but tommy can't?"

"we think the vines affect people differently. for all we know, they could kill someone." dream points out.

"i see. let's go check out the source of the vines now."

***

"hmm... some kind of red life form." bad inspects the vines, poking and prodding at them. he produces a magnifying glass, and looks closer at the vines.

"okay. i need to take a sample of this back, and i need a makeshift lab."

camille nods. "got it."

together, the three of them try their best to grab a sample of the vines without touching it. it wasn't too hard, as the vines were easy to break.

once they had their sample wrapped in whatever materials they could find, they head back to the dream smp.

camille walks behind with her thoughts as dream and bad catch up. as they pass the prison, she frowns. what if they never found a cure for ponk and tommy? what if the vines kept growing? the sick feeling in her stomach rose, but she chose to ignore it.

"it's gonna be okay." she whispers to herself.

***

a/n: i'm gonna be publishing a new book soon! it's gonna be a sapnap x fem! oc angst :')

i love you all, make sure to take care of yourself <3