sleep is for the weak

i went through and proofread lol

tw// none, just tommy not sleeping lol?

requested by: @HappySunn12212 thank you for teh request i hope i did well :]
~~~
E E E EEEEEE tommy's alarm screeched at him and he hit it to shut it off. it didn't work so well as his phone fell of his desk still beeping, so now he had to get up and get it to turn it off. he did so and set his phone back down before getting ready for school.

the blonde made his way downstairs and sat at the kitchen island waiting for the bus to come. he saw wilbur in the kitchen and phil was trying to make breakfast while techno had fallen asleep walking into the room.

"techno, ay mate." phil nudged him and he woke up, startled a bit. "what time did you to go sleep?" phil asked his eldest. "i uh.. i didn't sleep." techno admitted, putting his hair into a ponytail as he sat next to tommy. "and why not?" phil questioned, finishing up on making pancakes.

"ehhh.. sleep is for the weak." techno stated, he was barely able to keep his eyes open. he only gets like that when he doesn't sleep for about 3 days straight, so it had probably been a while since he last slept.

"sleep is for the weak?" tommy asked, looking to his older brother. "yeah," techno chuckled, "i don't sleep because i'm not weak." he was only joking, but tommy couldn't tell because of techno's monotone voice.

phil served breakfast and after that the boys were off to school.

~~~

that night tommy didn't sleep, he had to prove that he was strong. though he was 16 he was still a dumbass. throughout the night he didn't feel tired, he felt more awake as the night went on. he sat on his bed and watched the sunrise around 5:30, and an hour later his alarm went off, so he got ready for school.

he was extra hungry that morning because he had gone so many awake hours not eating. at school he felt fine, a little iffy but fine enough. this wasn't his first all-nighter, but he wanted to see how long he could go without sleeping.

the next night came, and he almost passed out on his keyboard while playing minecraft with tubbo, but he had coffee and energy drinks, so he was wide awake. his body felt exhausted, but he was determined to stay awake.

the next day was a weekend, so no school. the bags under his eyes had grown quite dark, his eyes were a bit red, and he was stumbling everywhere.

around sunset that day he stumbled into wilbur's room, his vision was shaking. "hey w- wil-!" he greeted, going to sit on his bed. wilbur was working on music at his desk, "yeah tommy?" he didn't realize how tired tommy looked because he was focused on the lyrics to his song.

"i don't jbiwgvhwjwh-" tommy was slurring his words and rambling on about nothing important, something about some youtube video that was in his recommendations at 5 in the morning and how he hated the video. "tommy are you okay-?" wilbur turned in his chair to see tommy wavering back and forth, he was shaking a bit and he looked insane.

"tommy?" wilbur asked as his younger brother was just quiet. he sat beside him and put a hand on his shoulder. "wokbur i havbt slept in liek three days-" tommy's words were still slurred.

"oh-" was all wilbur could say before tommy passed out, his head falling onto wilbur's chest. the brunet chuckled and helped tommy lay down, letting him keep his head on his chest as he laid there with him. "poor tommy... why didn't you sleep?" he asked, though he knew he was asleep. he playfully and gently messed with tommy's hair, knowing it comforted him even if he was in fact asleep.

a few minutes later phil knocked on wilbur's door, "come in." wil said quietly, and phil did so. "is tommy in-" he started, but soon saw the blonde boy cuddled up to his brothers side. "it's only like 8:30, is he okay?" phil asked, sitting on the edge of the bed and feeling tommy's forehead. he was a bit warm, but not concerning, yet. "i don't know, he said he hadn't slept in a while and just... passed out."

phil signed, he would help tommy once he woke up. "okay, well i guess get some sleep tonight and ill see you in the morning." phil said, giving his boys a forehead kiss before exiting the room.

the next morning tommy was still asleep, and he didn't wake up. wilbur just let him keep sleeping, he could feel his steady deep breaths. there was still no school today as it was sunday, and wilbur just stayed in his room and worked on his music until he heard tommy groan as he started to wake up.

wilbur walked over to him, kneeling beside the bed, "hey sleepyhead, you awake?" he asked softly, waiting as tommy stretched and yawned. "what- no?" he said, opening his eyes and looking at wilbur. "what time is it?" the boy asked, and his brother answered, "like 5pm."

"wait- what time did i fall asleep?" he asked, confused, "likeee.. 7:15 yesterday?" wilbur recalled. "you've been out for a while, sleeping beauty." he teased. "holy fuck i almost slept for an entire day-?!" tommy say up, feeling very fatigued and out of it. "yeah, how long did you stay up?"

"like... friday, saturday, sunday-" tommy counted on his fingers, "four days? i don't know?" wilbur chuckled, being soft with his brother. "how come you didn't sleep." "because sleep is for the weak!" tommy responded. "oh my god did you do it because of techno?" he asked, and tommy nodded.

"don't do that, you're gonna hurt yourself." wilbur chuckled and stood up, planting a kiss on the top of tommy's head. wilbur had thought tommy was going through a depressive episode because he wasn't sleeping, but he was relieved that he stayed awake because of a dumb statement, not a serious mental issue. "you doing okay lately?" wilbur asked, "yeah, sorry if i scared you." tommy said.

"it's okay, i'm glad you're alright." he offered a warm smile, to which tommy returned. no one knew each other like these brothers did, they had a good relationship and didn't often fight, they were there for each other.

~~~

heyo so i kinda didn't know where to end this story off, let me know if i should do a part two and what you wanna see if i did! i also have other oneshots to work on soooo

peace out guys gals and non binary pals :D