CHAPTER XXIII - READY FOR IT

Začať od začiatku

"Stiles what the hell, that's Isaacs seat!" I said

"Maybe I just wanted to sit next to my best friend." He said and I felt my stomach turn slightly at the word friend.

"Well maybe I wanted to sit next to Isaac he's my friend to." I said and the boy narrowed his eyes at me.

"Yeah friend, anyway just trust me and stay away from Isaac and Erica." He said as he looked at the two

"Why are you being weird?" I asked

"I'm always weird." He said

"Weirder than normal then?" I said but before he could reply, Harris started to speak.

"Einstein once said that 'two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. I myself have encountered human stupidity." The man said as he stopped next to our desk and patted his hand on my friends shoulder causing me to laugh. "So to combat the plague of ignorance in this class, we're going to be doing a group experiment. Let's see if two heads are in fact better than one, or in Mr Stilinskis case, less than one."

"Dick." I muttered under my breath but Harris heard.

"What was that Miss Collins?" He asked

"I said you're a dick." I replied with confidence causing the whole class to laugh whilst he glared at me.

"Detention after school." He said before speaking again "Erica, you take the first station, start with-" all the boys and even some girls put their hands up to volunteer. "I didn't ask for volunteers, put your hormonal little hands down. Start with Mr McCall." The two got up and walked to the first station.

I was paired with Isaac, I don't know why they told me to stay away from him, he's actually a nice guy once you get to know him. Anyway, we started the experiment. "Do you know why Stiles asked me to stay away from you?" I asked the curly headed boy.

"Maybe because we're trying to see who the Kanima is and first on the list is Lydia. She was  bit by an alpha so there's only one way to know." He said as he poured the liquid into the container

"Who's next on the list?" I asked as I continued to read the instructions off the paper.

"They didn't tell you?" He asked but I was confused. Tell me what?

"Tell me what?" I asked

"You." He said but I didn't get a chance to reply as the bell rang and we switched partners. I was now paired with Scott and Erica was with Stiles whilst Isaac was now with Lydia. Scott sat down but didn't speak, I know he heard what Isaac had just told me.

"Were you gonna tell me?" I asked and he just sighed.

"No" he said simply, at least he told me the truth. Some friends they were not telling me my life could be in danger.

"You know it's not me Scotty, so why does Derek think it is?" I asked and he looked down at the ground.

"Stiles told him how he never saw the Kanima at the mechanics garage and how you appeared right after and then the same thing at the pools  and he got suspicious." He said and I sighed. They were trying to protect me but I didn't need protecting. I was going to reply before I heard Erica speaking 'oh sweet little Lilac, not so sweet when she wants to drain you of your blood. Maybe I should put her down for you.' She said and I turned to see her running her hand up and down his thigh. I felt jealous, why was I jealous. It doesn't matter all that mattered was I was going to kill that bitch. I was cut off as the bell rang again and I was now paired with Lydia.

"Hey Lydia." I said as we poured the final ingredients into the container.

"Hey Li, why is everyone being weird." She asked, shit was was I supposed to tell her. So by the way there's a giant lizard running around Beacon Hills and Derek an alpha werewolf thinks it's one of us so he's gonna test us to see if we get paralysed.