Chapter 21 - A Goodbye (the final chapter)

Start from the beginning

Cassandra couldn't think of what to say to make him feel better... But she remembered something. "Hey! I have something for you!"

Varian was a bit confused at first, but she pulled out of her pocket... a small bracelet with blue beads and one half of the Cassandrium on it. Varian gasped at the sweet gesture. "Is that?"

"Yeah... I figured maybe you might... I don't know...maybe wanna-" Cassandra was cut off when Varian grabbed the bracelet and held it close to his chest.

"Thank you..." Varian said as he put it on his wrist underneath his gloves. Cassandra gave him a smile.

Cassandra and Varian both stepped closer to each other... both standing awkward, and both wanting to give the other a hug. Cassandra went to try but she gave up. Cass looked at the floor when she felt a warm body give her a hug with passion.

Cassandra looked up to Varian giving her a giant hug. Cassandra's eyes filled with tears, and she gave him a hug with passion back. She buried her head into his shoulders covering all the tears dripping down her cheeks. Hugging him tightly... She never wanted to let go.

After the hug was released both of them looked at each other. Varian gave her a smile. "Go on your adventure. I'll be waiting for you, Cassie." Varian said with a smile.

Cassandra didn't want to leave him... but she had to. She looked back at all her friends as she wiped away her tears. "I'm going to miss you all. Goodbye!"

Cassandra waved as she pulled out her Cassandrium necklace from under her shirt. It had the other half of the Cassandrium on it.

Varian let out a really short gasp as he saw the necklace causing him to smile. Varian knew she was going to be ok.

Cassandra put her hand on the doorknob. Everyone waving goodbye, including Varian.... And just like that, she walked out the door.

Varian took a deep breath and tried to accept this. Varian gave the door Cass walked out a small smile, showing he was alright with this... everything would be ok... right?

"Poor Varian," Eugene said while looking at Varian from the other side of the room.

Rapunzel looked at her husband with a confused look. "What do you mean poor VARIAN?"

"Well... remember Cassarian... the kids gonna take this pretty hard...." Eugene said looking back at Varian. Rapunzel looked at Varian and could see that look in his eyes... He needed Cass... More than anything else.

Varian was leaning on a small table with Ruddiger next to him. He missed Cass already...

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Cassandra was walking out the door... she looked at the clouds, she saw the trees... she was meant to be out there... but something kept bugging her...

Cassandra stopped fighting her inner voice. She dropped her shoulders. "What am I doing!" She said giving herself an eye role. Cassandra turned around dropped her bags. She started sprinting towards the castle door.

Cassandra slammed the door opened. "C-Cassie what are you-" Varian started but was cut off by Cass grabbing his collar.

"I LOVE YOU NERD!!!!!" Cassandra kissed him with ALL her passion.

They broke the kiss for air, still holding each other close. Varian was in shock, but still said, "I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!" Varian grabbed Cassandra and gave her a kiss as well.

Both of them kissing with all their love and very passionately. Varian and Cassandra.... They both thought this felt right... They knew right then... they had... A CONNECTION.

Varian enjoying the moment but broke the kiss and pushed her back. "B-BUT YOUR ADVENTURE!!?!?!?!?!" Varian shouted still lovestruck.

Cassandra gave Varian a smile, "A-ADVENTURE!??!?!! VARIAN YOU ARE THE GREATEST ADVENTURE I COULD EVER WANT!!!!! YOU ALWAYS MAKE THE WORST THINGS AMAZING!!!!! THE PRISON!!!! DANCE FIGHTING!!!!!! YOU ARE MY ADVENTURE!!!! AND I WOULD GIVE UP GOING ON HUNDREDS OF ADVENTURES AS LONG AS I GET THE GREATEST ONE OF ALL!!!!!!!!!" Cassandra shouted to him.

Varian at a loss of words frozen and grateful. "Cassandra I- I don't want to take away from-"

"Maybe you don't have to...." Rapunzel's voice said behind them. Cassandra and Varian both looked at Rapunzel confused.

"What do you mean?" Varian asked while taking a small step in Rapunzel's direction.

"I mean... As much as we love having you here Varian... Cassandra needs you more... And I know you need her... So... why don't you go with her?" Rapunzel said... Rapunzel didn't want Varian to go... But she knew it was right... she wished they could both stay... But him and Cassandra needed what was out there.

"What!?! But my job! As royal engineer!" Varian shouted making up an excuse even though he wanted to go. He just hadn't admitted it to himself.

"You can still do that. You will always be the royal engineer no matter where you are." Rapunzel said to Varian.

"Come on.... Team awesome will miss you. But team awesome is always together. Go!" Eugene encouraged him.

"B-But-" Varian was interrupted by Cassandra taking his hand.

"Varian.... Would you like to come with me?" Cassandra said with the truest smile she has ever had.

Varian looked at her smile and couldn't say no. "YES!!!! OF COURSE CASSIE!!!!!" Varian grabbed Cassandra and kissed her.

The kiss broke because Varian needed air. Varian a little dizzy from loss of breath looked over at Ruddiger. "You ready for a new adventure buddy?" Ruddiger let off an excited chatter and ran over onto Varian's shoulders.

"I should probably pack!" Varian shouted.

Rapunzel cleared her throat. "Well... since your house was kinda.... You know.... We got everything we could." Rapunzel held out a small box worth of stuff.

"I guess I don't have much to pack." Varian said letting off a small laugh.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Varian and Cassandra were on the edge of the island on a hill looking at the castle.

Varian had all his stuff in his backpack then looked at his Cassie. "You ready Cassie?" Varian said looking at Cassandra.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Cassandra said turning around.

"Hey, that's my thing!" Varian shouted following her.

"You should stop while your ahead or else you'll have-"

"Nothing left to lose," Varian said cutting her off.

"Hey! How dare you finish-"

"My sentence," Varian said again. "Embrace it, Cassie. We have a connection."

"I know," Cassandra said with a laugh as they walked off to start the next chapter of their life.

-------------

That's the end!!!! NO!!!! 

Our journey has been amazing. I can't thank any of you enough for reading this! I love you all SO SO SO much!

And if you would like to see a book two put a comment here saying #Book two

I hope you liked it and once again THANK YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!