Chapter 4 - You are amazing the way you are

Cassandra and Varian were surrounded by about 100 people, all of them looked injured, angry, and all of them had weapons.

Varian looked around, "Ok the odds of us being killed if they tried are 78.6 percent. They seem to have accomplished an ambush, with us running around and the fact we didn't run into any of them is fascinating!!! And the chances of all of them being armed 98.6 percent. At least the chances of us one of us surviving is 57.3 percent and-

"JUST STOP TALKING!!!" Cassandra yelled at Varian.

Two of the guys in the group grabbed Cassandra and Varian's arms and handcuffed one of Varian's hands and one of Cassandra's hands together. Cassandra tried to struggle out of it as the two guys grabbed Cassandra and Varian making them unable to move.

The guy that they had been fighting walked through the crowd and stood right in front of them with his hands behind his back. "IF YOU WANT TO KILL US, JUST GET IT OVER WITH!!!!" Cassandra yelled at the man while trying to get free from the guy's hands.

"Kill you? Oh of course not. You two deserve worse." The man said.

"Ok fine!!! Do whatever you want to me!!!!" Cassandra yelled. "Just leave Varian out of it!!!" Varian looked up as he looked to his side to see Cass. She didn't notice him looking at her as she was standing up for him. "HE'S INNOCENT!!!!"

"No, the boy did just as much to Corona as you did."

"BUT HE HAD A REASON!!!! HE WANTED TO BRING SOMEONE BACK!!!! I JUST WANTED REVENGE!!!!! LOOK!!! VARIAN IS KIND, BRAVE, SWEET, LOVING, AND HE WILL DO ANYTHING TO PROTECT THOSE HE LOVES!!!!! THAT'S WHY IT'S TIME I RETURN THE FAVOR!!!!! ..... He never gave up on me.... Even in my worst of times.... He still tried..... AND THAT'S WHY YOU SHOULD LET HIM GO!!!!" 

Cassandra stopped as she took a deep breath. The man hesitated for a second.... Cassandra was looking at him with eyes full of fear. So a tear dripped down Cassandra's cheek. The man looked at Cassandra.

"CAGE THEM!!!" He demanded. Cassandra got furious, she was trying her best to run. She punches one of the guys who was holding her and he let go. She tried to run but was held back. She turned around and she was still connected to Varian by the handcuffs.

The guys threw her and Varian into a cage that was in the back of a car that would take them to an unknown place. It was completely dark in there. They couldn't see anything. Cass was curled up in a ball with her back to the wall.

"Cass?" Varian asked. Then he heard a quiet sob. "Cass?" Varian asked again as he heard her sobbing.

"*Sob* Huh? What?" Cass said as she wiped away some of her tears.

"Are you ok?" Varian asked.

"No!!! I'm not ok Varian. I not only got myself captured and most likely killed, I dragged you into this mess."

"No!" Varian said.

"What?"

"You didn't drag me into this. I chose to come." He pulled out a small light that he had in his pocket.

(And if you are wondering if they haven't taken their stuff can't he use some weird alchemy thing to escape. No, they only took their weapons and anything else they could've used to escape..... It makes for a better story just go with it)

"Because Cass, you.... You're worth it. No matter what I do or what I face. You are worth it." He came close to her and wrapped his arm around her and sat next to her to comfort her.

"Even if we die-"

"I still would've come. Because.... That's what friends do." Cass looked over at him and gave him a hug.

"Thank you, Varian." His face became bright red as he hugged her back.

After a little bit, Cass pushed him away as she wiped back her tears. "Wait? How did you find me in the first place?"

"Well your horse ran up to me, and I figured something was up." He said while acting a bit strange.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, just a little scary in here. I miss home." Varian said as he took his arm back and put it in his lap. Cass looked at him for a second and wrapped her arm around him. Varian looked at her with a smile.

"Don't read into this. I'm just being kind." Cass said as she smiled. They were both sitting cuddled up next to each other as Varian put his cheek on her head. He closed his eye's as he smiled. Then the cage they were stuck in together started feeling like it was being tossed around. Both Cassandra and Varian were being thrown all over the place, but their arms were always close since they were stuck together by the handcuffs.

Varian slid to the other side of the cage as it was moving, his bleeding side hit the wall. "Gah!!!" Varian made a weird noise as he put his hand on his side. Cassandra quickly fell towards him given they are still stuck together. She sat next to him as the cage stopped moving. Cassandra paused to look at him, she looked really panicked. As she went through her pockets. Nothing, her stuff was all taken.

"You're going to be ok." She told him as she put her hand that was still chained to his on his shoulder. The cage's top was open, and light came in so bright it took their eye's a second to adjust. They saw the same guys as earlier as they both slowly stood up. Cass helped Varian up as he put his hand on his side to cover the blood.

The leader of the group (The guy they have been fighting) walked up and said, "Well... this is going to be fun." 

Sorry, this took so long, and sorry it's not as long as I wanted it to be. I hit a couple of parts where I had other things I thought I should do, anyway there was a lot of re-writing to do. Anyway, put in the chat your thought!!! (Chat Rules - No cursing or being mean)