Untitled Part 10

Start bij het begin

I can hear sirens in the background as we slowly get up from the cold snow covered ground. I'm shaking but not just because it's freezing. I was literally seconds away from losing my life. I look to my left to see Harry being helped off the ground by security I turn back towards the car and step forward watching it burn, the  Orange flames flit around in a somewhat mocking dance. Harry's garage is fireproof and bullet proof but the cars aren't, there is a couple of million pounds worth of cars in his garage, I know insurance will cover it but Harry loves his cars. I'm lost in my thoughts when Harry slips his hands around my waist from behind.

"Are you ok Lou?" he asks

"Yeah, are you ok? I'm so sorry Harry"

"What are you sorry about" he asks exasperated. I point towards the garage.

"The cars Harry, you loved them so much it's my entire fault I'm sorry"

"Baby its ok insurance will cover it. Cars are replaceable you’re not Lou" he says.

"I'm scared Harry, really scared" I say turning to face him I can see worry in his eyes as well.

"I know baby, look I think we need to send the kids away for a while" he says carefully.

"I know Harry, I don't want them around this I'm scared something will happen to them" I say.

We both turn around at the sound of Aston and Darcey yelling our names. They run over to us crying and upset.

Everyone is standing in the driveway clearly not believing the scene In front of them.

"It’s ok guys, we're ok, were ok" Harry reassures the kids.

 He picks up Darcey and I pick up Aston in my arms trying to calm them down.

"Let's get you guys inside" Alberto says coming over to us "Simon, Cal and Drew are all on their way back" he says.

Harry nods his head and we all head back inside to the Lounge room.

Once we calm the kids down, they go back to playing with Nanny Bunny. The fire brigade have put the fire out in the garage. They were able to contain the blaze easily, Harry only lost a few cars. The police are conversing with our security while a team is searching the grounds for any other potential threats.

Harry's parents come over to where Harry and I are sitting on the couch with everyone else.

"Listen Harry, your dad and I have been talking. We want to take the kids back home to Cheshire with us" Harry's mum says.

"Mum we can't ask you to do that, we don't know how long this could go on for” Harry says back.

"Harry please. We want to take them with us, keep them safe. It's only a few hours away from London. You can come visit if it's safe. They can do their school work from home for a while. Please let us do this" Anne says