Chapter 4: Punched Out

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, we're close enough that if he gets hurt because of you again, I will personally hunt you down and beat the ever-living shit out of you," Kai said staring Devin down through the rearview mirror.

"Thanks for the concern Kai, but it wasn't really his fau-,"

"No Alexander, he's right. I totally bailed on you outside the club. If I would've just let you come in that wouldn't have happened. So, sorry for that, I guess," Devin said looking everywhere except towards the front of the car. I was taken aback by the apology, but happy to receive one nonetheless.

"Apology accepted, we're going to drop you off at the label and I'm going to have Kai run me home to change out of this ripped suit, and then I'll be back to meet you and Allie afterward."

Devin just nodded as I turned on the radio to fill the silence.

A short while later we pulled up to the label to drop Devin off. He gave us a quick 'see ya' and ran inside.

"How's the head?" Kai asked, pulling back onto the busy road.

"It's not too bad, a little sore and I've got a bit of a headache but nothing unbearable."

Kai nodded, "So back to your place so you can change right?"

"Yeah, might take a minute to ice my face too. Don't want a big bruise tomorrow."

"A little late for that I'm afraid," Kai smiled looking over at me, "At least you wear a bruise well. It gives you a little bit of a dangerous aura. The ladies will love it."

A short while later we had pulled into the house and Kai had forced me to hold a bag of frozen peas to my face while I attempted to get into one of my other suits. We took another fifteen minutes to relax and flip through some channels before I told him we should probably head back.

"The next time something like that happens just leave his ass and call the hot lady," Kai said making me chuckle.

"That hot lady's name is Allie by the way," I said rolling my eyes.

Feeling my phone vibrate, I pulled it out a saw a text from an unknown number.

Unknown

Hey it's the platinum-blond
haired guy with a big ego.
Allie sent me your number

Unknown
Just left the meeting
I told Allie a little bit of
what happened. We're
supposed to meet her
back at my place.

Me
I'm pulling into the
parking lot now. I'll
meet you in a second.

"Thanks for the help today Kai, I might've bled out in that back alley if you weren't there," I joked, lightly tapping him on the arm.

"No problem, but before you go can we talk about somethi-,"

Tap tap tap

I turned to see Devin standing outside the passenger side door with his arms crossed and a small smile on his face.

"No worries, we can talk later. Give me a ring after you get off, yeah?" Kai said and I nodded back quickly.

I got out and brushed off the new suit I was wearing before facing back toward Devin.

"New suit eh? The dark color matches the purple bruise well. We'll be ready to go as soon as the meeting officially ends. I might've told them I needed to use the bathroom to get out of there for a few minutes."