Took You Long Enough: Happier

Start from the beginning

"My step-father" he said, "He used to abuse me when I was small." I went wide-eyed at that. "WHAT! You are telling me that now" I screamed. "He had threatened me that he will hurt those near to me if I told anyone. I was a little kid so those words were etched in my mind and hence I didn't tell anyone" he said as his eyes watered again. "He tortured me, Missy. It was so painful that even rape would have been better." He broke out crying. "When I rescued those girls, it-it reminded me of my own abuse. Except nobody came to rescue me. I had to endure it all and tell no one" he said. I pulled him into another hug. "No Percy it was just a dream. I am always beside you" I said, patting his back.

"So will you tell me?" I said looking in his eyes. "I-I can't. It is better if you see yourself. I will take you to my memories" he replied holding out his hand. I took it and saw Percy's eyes glow brown, using his power from Hera's blessing before all went black.

Dream state

When I came to, and I was in a corner of a fairly large bedroom. I realized I was like a translucent mist, with no real mass to call a body. I tried to speak but found that I couldn't talk, I was like a silent observer. I heard heavy footsteps outside the room and like a chain reaction, there was a whimper from the room itself. After looking around for the source, I found it to be coming from under the bed. Peeking under it, I saw a small kid with raven black hair hardly around 9 years of age. When he turned towards me, I instinctively jumped back for two reasons, one I thought he had found me, and two, this was Percy as a 9-year-old.

In a moment I realized how dumb it was to get surprised by seeing a young Percy, like Duh! This was his dream/memories, of course it would be him. I chuckled at myself but all the humor went down the gutter the moment a man walked in. 

"Perseus, come out, we are gonna have some fu-un" he said in a mock singsong voice. Just his appearance was repelling enough to fuel my anger. This was no male, he was a monster. When the male dragged Perseus from under the bed, he slapped Perseus. "This was for being disobedient, you piece of shit" the male said in a cold tone. Instinctively, I rushed forward, trying to free the child but passed right through them.

I could only observe as little Percy started crying. "Please don't take me there. Please. It hurts. It hurts very bad" Percy pleaded. It was so heartwrenching that my eyes automatically watered. "Do you want me to do the same to your mother and that bitch of a foster kid? DO YOU?" the male screamed. Percy started crying more but shook his head. I was very angry, I wanted nothing more than to castrate that man very painfully but alas could do nothing.

"Stop crying or else your punishment will be double. Do you understand?" the man said as he dragged him out of the room and into a courtyard of a big house. My body automatically followed the 2 as Percy's stepfather, as I realized, continued dragging him out of the house towards a dungeon in close proximity. Percy started struggling and whimpering but another slap shut him up. The guards snickered at the sight, making my blood boil even more. Not only were they not protesting against what Percy's stepfather was doing, but they were also joining in by laughing at Percy.

Soon I found myself at a cell in the farthest corner of the dungeon. I was horrified at what was happening and what was to come next. How could someone do this to a child that too without reason? I mentally made a note to curse the army of Athens. The crimes they had committed towards Percy were too much to go unnoticed. A sad, hollow feeling overcame me. How did Percy manage to bottle up something like this? But I was brought back to focus when I heard the man's next words.

TRIGGER WARNING

"STRIP!!" he yelled at Percy. My blood went cold, how ruthless exactly was this man. Percy whimpered but did nothing. I watched in horror as the man hit Percy when he did nothing and proceeded to strip Percy himself. Percy tried to struggle but in vain as it was evident that the man was much stronger than the 9-year-old boy. Once free of his clothes, Percy was thrown across the room towards the wall. He curled up into a ball and tried to protect his modesty with his hands. I rushed towards him to check but again found myself unable to touch him.