Making it seem like she was useless. They didn't even give her a chance or see she has a quirk.

Bitterness welled up inside her. "I can't believe all this time...I thought I made it this far relying on my own strength." She bitterly laughed as if it was a cruel joke. "I know I should be happy, but I dunno how to really feel."

Dabi thought for a moment. "It was your own strength. That quirk is impressive. Anyone can see that. The fact that you aren't dead by this point is surprising given the fact that you didn't even know about your quirk until now."

"Huh." She raised an eyebrow towards him. She was surprised at him giving her compliments. This felt weird to her. She was expecting a meaner remark from him.

To be honest, deep down.... she resents herself for living this long. Just for existing. Words like that are just hard to believe.

Surely, she always tried to make it seem like she had a lot of pride. That she was really tough. Her resilient exterior was just a front, masking how she really feels. For so long, she has forced herself to be strong.

"Are you trying to butter me up?" She asked. "It's hard to believe, coming for you."

Dabi chuckled at that. "Dunno. Am I?"

He meant what he said; however, he didn't want to allow that feeling that he felt to persist. He loved whatever it was, but at the same time he couldn't really appreciate it. His mind was subconsciously trying to block those feelings away because they were new. New feelings that he didn't recognize automatically had to be his enemy.

Satoko thought that this was abnormal. This was the guy who used brute force to take her with him? But the fact that he was actually... being less threatening?

It didn't make her completely relax though. It's odd that she was just laughing at Shigaraki's sense of humor earlier. The way he even opened up to her about his own story, she didn't know what to feel.

The fact he was even groomed to be thinking the way he does now, making him out to be the worse person. Is Dabi the same?

(Is there something making him this way too? I have my own inner turmoil that I project on the outside as well...)

"I was thinking," She spoke up. "We all probably have our own stories of being rejected and casted out from society." She shook her head. "But I was talking to Shigaraki... I didn't think he would be kind of easy to talk to? Not only that, being treated lesser than a person is cruel. I would know." Her expression changed softer when she was talking about Shigaraki. It was like... compassion? It was rather unusual since she's always aggressive and moody.

She looked up towards Dabi. "I don't wish to live in a world where everyone is tossed aside or have this constant battle of power. I think it needs to change. That everyone is worth saving. Including villains. I thought about after hearing his own story."

Dabi kept his cool composure, but he seemed slightly more annoyed at her statement. "I don't care about him, and neither should you. He tried to kill you anyway, so why would you want to help him? He's selfish and only cares about himself. I won't say that I won't kill anyone else, but you can be sure that I won't kill you. You can't trust Shigaraki on that much."

Dabi walked around her as he spoke. The way he moved was just like what you would expect from a villain delivering some sort of speech in a cheesy musical. "I'm just using him. We all are. No doubt he's just using us too."

"That's terrible." She glared at him, but it was more of a sad expression. "It's sad no one cares about him. But I'm not that kind of person. As for wanting to help him, who else will? If he's disposable, I might as well be too. I can't trust you or anyone, but it doesn't mean I'm the same way with using or not caring for people."