He was here with her, she was here with him. But it wasn't quite enough. 

"You can be the queen if you want," he offered quietly. Small. Soft. 

Cho-a didn't seem to understand. "Huh?" 

"You remember when I asked you to marry me?" 

She nodded. 

"And you thought it was only because I wanted to keep you safe so you declined?" 

She nodded again. 

"Well, now that you are safe and we are okay," he began, ran his thumb over her cheek, "I want to ask you again." 

Once again, Cho-a nodded. A small, timid nod. 

Locking eyes, her soft brown orbs staring into his deep brown ones, it got quiet. Just looking at each other, Jisung took a deep breath. 

"Will you marry m--" 

"YES SHE WILL!" Jaemin shouted as he pushed the door to the room open and ran up to the bed. "Of course she will! My daughter-in-law!" He faked a sniffle. 

Jaemin had a tray of food in his hand for the newly awakened girl - he prepared it after he had overheard them talking. Now, standing there, his grin was wide as he watched the two youngest sit up hastily and shuffling away from each other ever so subtly. 

Jeno hurried into the room too, then quickly came to a halt next to Jaemin. He smiled, rubbed his neck awkwardly. 
"Sorry, I tried to stop him but he can actually run really fast if he wants to." 

Cho-a smiled sympathetically. "It's okay." 

"IS CHO-A AWAKE?" Chenle suddenly shouted from downstairs and Jaemin shouted back an ear-deafening, 

"YES!" 

Soon, hasty steps followed before Chenle shot into the room and ran up to the two that were still sitting on their bed with wide eyes. 

Chenle paused, smiled and gave Cho-a a hug first before he said,
"We should get a dog." 

"You have a dog," Jisung pointed out but Chenle was quick to dismiss it. 

"Yes, I have a dog. But we don't." Chenle had made a decision. "Cho-a, you and I would be great dog parents. Let's get a dog." 

Smiling, suppressing an amused chuckle at both, his excitement and at Jisung's confused frown, she quickly nodded. 

"I'd love to." Somehow it sounded like a good idea. 

"Okay! Deal!" Chenle shouted happily as he ran out of the room. "I'll send you a link to a shelter not far from here. The dogs there are so cute!" 

And with that, he was gone. Somewhere downstairs. Somewhere getting excited about a new puppy.

Jaemin faked yet another sniffle, leaned his forehead against Jeno's shoulder. 
"The kids are growing up so fast," he whispered. 

Jeno patted his back comfortingly. Meanwhile, Renjun and Haechan had made their way into the room as well. 

"Junnie~ Haechan~" Cho-a greeted them both with a smile. She took a deep breath. "You two are so quiet in comparison to Jaemin and Chenle." 

Haechan quickly pushed his shoulders back. "If you want to I can scream too--"

"Don't," Jisung stopped him. Haechan sighed. 

"How are you feeling?" Renjun asked as he watched Jaemin put the food he made for the girl down on the bedside table. 

"Good," she said. "Did you worry a lot?" 

Renjun huffed. "Of course not." 

Haechan laughed. "Liar." 

"Be quiet," the oldest ordered, but Haechan didn't really care. 

"He kept whining all the time," he recalled with an exhausted sigh. "Asking when you are going to wake up and how you are doing and he kept annoying us. It was horrible--" 

Renjun hit the younger one's shoulder. "Do you want to die?" 

Poking his tongue against the inside of his cheek, Haechan smirked daringly. 
"You couldn't kill me if you tried," he mocked. 

"Are you sure about that?" Renjun took a tiny step towards Haechan who watched the older one cautiously. 

Then, after considering it for a moment, he gave Cho-a a last sweet smile to say goodbye before,
"Try to find me, big boy," Haechan said just before he disappeared. 

Eyes wide, Renjun looked around. "That brat-" He quickly stopped himself to give his sister a quick smile too. "We'll talk later okay?" And, without waiting for an answer, he left as well, looking for Haechan. 

Jeno took a deep breath. "Lovely," he mumbled under his breath, before reaching towards Jaemin. He took his hand and smiled at the youngest two. "We'll leave you alone again now." 

"But wait--" he was about to protest. 

Jeno sighed disapprovingly. "Privacy, Jaemin," he urged before he dragged his friend out of the room and closed the door behind them.

Silence. 

Once again, there was silence. 

Just Jisung and Cho-a now, enjoying each other's company. 

"Seems like everyone is doing alright," she pointed out with a chuckle.  

Jisung nodded exhaustedly. "Everyone is fine," he agreed. "We are all fine."

Finally. 

At last, life was good. 

• At last •

[ The End ]

This story ended up being almost twice the length of what I intended it to be. It was a long ass ride, ngl. Thank you so much for sticking around and supporting this mess of a story

I love you all so much 💚

I hope you guys take good care of yourselves. Stay safe! 💖