Part 18

I take my car that Tony had gotten me. It has a tracking devise in it so we don't have another club-scene-gone-wrong situation. He will probably be wondering why I suddenly took a trip to Connecticut in the middle of the night, so I managed to take the service offline.

I drive fast and make it to his house around 2am. The lights are off in the house, naturally. I sigh, looking into the windows. I shake my head, thinking how stupid this really is. I turn the car engine over and head to town to find a hotel. I'll deal with this when I've gotten more sleep.

I check into a room and throw my bag on the end of the bed and flop down onto the mattress. I wonder where Loki is. He said he would be right there if I needed him, I'm wondering if he followed me. As if he was listening to my thoughts, my phone rings in my bag. I answer it, and it's Loki.

"You're using cell phones now?"

"Don't worry about." He says with an attitude.

I laugh at him, sitting up on the bed. "I made it to a hotel ok. I'm seeing him in the morning." I tell him.

"Which room are you in?"

"Don't you need to know which hotel, first?" I say, chuckling.

"Never mind." He says, just as I hear the automatic lock on the door activate and he walks into the room, hanging up the phone.

"You just couldn't stay away, could you?" I ask, trotting up to hug him. 

"Is it too overprotective for you, darling? It's not that I don't think you can't do this alone, because you're certainly capable of doing anything on your own. It's I who cannot leave you." He says, cupping my face in his hands.

"Darling, you're the love of my life. Stay with me." I say, standing on my toes to kiss him.

I change into something comfortable to wear and relax on the bed grabbing the remote for the TV. He sits next to me in the same position, looking at me with a lot of judgement. 

"What? I can't sleep." I say, shrugging.

"May as well. What are you putting on?" He asks, relaxing more into his position. 

I snicker playfully, seeing 'Thor: Ragnarok' now streaming on TV. It was what we went to the premier for, and we are about to watch it now.

"Not this, Ayca!" He complains.

"Yes this, Loki!" I playfully complain back. He rolls his eyes, then pulls me in to cuddle with him. We start watching and I'm enjoying the hell out of this.

It comes to the scene in the movie where Thor and Loki are in the elevator, and they are talking about Loki staying on Sakaar. From the corner of my eye, I can see Loki's mouth twitching, holding back a smile. He looks at me suddenly, and in sync with Thor in the movie he says, "Hey, let's do 'get help'."

I play along, saying, "What?"

We recite the scene together, me being Loki's lines and Loki being Thor's lines. This is the kind of parallel I need in my life all the time.

I finish the roleplay by saying, "We are not doing 'get help'." 

And, when the elevator doors in the movie open, Loki grabs me one arm under my back and one under my knees and yells, "Get help! Please, my wife is dying! Someone help her!" and tosses me to the end of the bed. I bounce, catching myself right before toppling off the edge, then reach up and grab a pillow. I smack him in the face with it, and he rips is from my hands and hits me back.

"Fuck you, Loki!" I yell, laughing.

"Fuck me." He says, pushing me down on the bed. I invite him to lay between my legs, letting me knees fall to the side. Our chests are pressed together. He looks into my eyes, and I just look back at him. 

I kiss him gently, and he looks at me confused. "Not tonight?"

"No, I don't really feel well. I'm so anxious. I haven't even thought about what I'm going to say."

He picks himself up, then holds my hands to help me sit up. We face each other sitting in the middle of the bed, and he tucks my hair behind my ear. I press pause on the remote and take in a deep breath.

"Shall we go over it?" He offers, holding my hands in his lap. I study him. He's wearing completely regular clothes, not something I've ever seen him in before. He has on baggy black skinny jeans and a green zip up hoodie. He's obviously trying to blend in.

"Is that from American Eagle?" I ask him randomly, looking at his jacket.

"No! Well, I'm not sure. Tony gave it to me."

"That's adorable." I say, tracing the hemline on his arm. "I want to tell me dad that I know everything. I know about how he treated my mom, about Tony, and about his threat to keep my real dad away from me."

"That sounds reasonable."

"But I haven't talked to him since I moved out. I have no idea if he even knows where I've been or what I've been doing this whole time. What if he thinks I'm still with Benny?" I ask, shuttering at his name.

"I don't think that will matter. What matters is that you say how he made you feel. You want him to know that, don't you? That's why you're here?"

"I want him to know that he royally fucked up and that he's a douchebag."

"Then I think you should say exactly that." Loki says, kissing my forehead. "Now please, come get some sleep."

----------------------

I turn off the engine in front of his house like I had last night. Loki had this brilliant idea to ride shotgun, but stay invisible. I was talking to him on the ride here, looking like a complete lunatic.

"Hey, can I try something real quick before I go in?" I ask in my head.

"Sure, what is it?" He answers out loud.

"Holy shit, I didn't think it would work!" I say out loud this time. He unveils himself, looking at me as if he had just seen a dinosaur cross the street.

"What was that?" He asks.

"I was trying it last night."

"Trying what!?" He asks, sounding completely alarmed.

"Telepathy. I was trying to read your thoughts while you slept. You have some weird dreams, man." I say, then laugh out loud at his horrified face.

"How can I hear you?" 

"I remembered what my mom showed me. She said she saw the water in the glass moving and it happened. Well, I imagined you hearing me and you did." I explain.

"I don't like where this is going..."

"Relax. I'm not going to read your mind all the time. I just wanted to test it out so you can hear what's going on inside incase you need to intervene."

He blinks once at me, still uncomfortable. "Alright." He says after a moment. I kiss his cheek and get out of my car. When I turn to close the door he's made himself invisible again.

I walk up the front steps and knock on the door. I look over to my right and see his same car in the driveway. It looks like a piece of junk now. When I turn back, I see a man through the stained glass design in the middle of the door looking at me. He backs away, looking afraid.

"Dad, that you?" I call through the door.

"What are you doing here?" He calls to me, now far away from the door.

"I wanna talk."

"I thought you didn't want to talk to me anymore!"

"Well now I do, so open the fuck up!" I say, banging on the door again. He doesn't answer, so I back up a bit and kick the door in. "Lock's broken." I say, strutting inside.

"Stay back..." He says, holding his hands out in defense. 

"Or what?" I say as I accost him into his own kitchen.

"I know what you are. Please, just leave me alone." He begs.

"I'm not your god damn daughter, let's start there."