Part 8

'No!" I scream, seeing the floor completely in tact. The narrow room of the weaponry looks completely untouched. My vision brought me here, and I half expected The floor to still have a giant hole in it from where they dropped Loki and Thor to under Asgard. It's where the dead army was imprisoned for years after Odin locked Hela away. Now, it's just an empty tomb.

I run over to it, banging on the floor.

"Dude, the floor didn't capture Loki!" Beth says, running over to me to pick me up.

"No, dumbass, they're under this room! We need to find something that can break this." I say, urgently looking around the room for something.

"The sword?" Heimdall offers, but I reject it. Then I see it, my ticket in. I rush over to a tall platform and pick up Thor's hammer like it's nothing. Heimdall stutters, completely astonished. I waste no time and return to the center of the room, smashing his hammer into the stone floor.

It cracks, letting pieces crumble far down beneath it's surface. I hit it again, and finally a space opens up where I can just barely see below. I call out.

"Loki? Thor? You down there?"

There's silence before I hear a comforting voice. "Can you drop down my hammer, please?"

"Bomb's away!" I yell as I drop the hammer down. I hear him catch it with a clank, then his heroic laughter. A whirling sound comes from beneath the floor, and soon enough Thor and Loki come crashing through the stone. I cover Beth's head, making sure nothing hits her as Thor and his brother settle. I immediately run to Loki.

"Don't, we don't know who's watching." He warns, holding me away from him. I nod, knowing he understands the danger we would be putting ourselves in if Hela found out about us.

"Can we go now? This is fucking insane!" Beth says, trying to urge us out. I look to Thor. I give him a soulful look, and I think he's picking up what I'm trying to say.

"You cannot do this alone, Lady Ayça." He says, shaking his head.

"I'm not saying I'm doing it alone. What other plan do you have?" I ask him, getting frustrated. We're running out of time.

"What are you talking about?" Beth asks, dodging her eyes between us.

"I'm talking about Thor getting you out of here. It's not safe for you, and you know it."

"I'm not leaving you!" She protests.

"Yes! You are!" I say, never having put my foot down like that at her before. Oh god, her face looks betrayed. "I'm sorry, Beth. But you have to leave. If you don't, you could die and I can't have that on my hands." I walk away, trying to end the conversation.

"Yeah? And what are you going to do?" She calls after me.

I stop and twist my upper body to look down at her from the steps, extending my arms to the sides confidently. "I gonna save Asgard, bitches!"

------------------

I sneak past the guards disguised as one. Loki copies me as we strut down the hallway towards Hela. We can hear the faint screams of Asgardians from the city below, and I can't help but tremble a little. Heimdall promised to get everyone to safety while Thor took my sister home. He promised he would return in time to help us, and I really hope he can make it back.

We get to where Hela is. I can see around the corner by holding up my sword, seeing her in the reflection. It's like she's waiting for me. I turn to Loki as we change back into ourselves.

"Ayça, please hear me for a moment." He says, getting close to my face. I look up at him, forcing myself to get lost in his eyes.

"Yes?"