Trip To Solitude...(Part 5)

Start from the beginning

******************************

"Kya baat hai Rohit? Kyun call kar rhe ho baar baar? I am busy right now",Tara whispered on her phone. Rohit was calling her continuously for almost one hour. After completing an entire tour of the fort, both the ladies along with their guide decided to take a rest at the coffe shop. Sahil and Vanya were complete chatterbox while Tara again remained as a mute audience. It was then Tara checked on her phone, which was on silent mode this whole time and saw countless missed calls from Rohit.

"Tumne call kyun nhi uthaya! Tumhe andaza bhi hai main kitna pareshan ho gya tha you silly woman!"

Tara immediately excused herself and moved away from the coffe table. After making sure that no one is around to hear her, she now replied to him, "What's wrong with you Rohit? Maine tumhe bataya tha ki main aur Vanya Kochi fort mein jayeinge aur wahan par toh phone ko silent mode par rakhna padta hai."

Rohit realized that maybe he over reacted and said,"Sorry I just got worried man. Listen, please meri baat ko dhayan se sunna aur main jo bolun vo karna bina khuch sawal kiye," Tara got confused with this but she agreed.

"Okay, just send me a picture of Vanya".

"But why?",she asked and heard him sighing and saying in a exhausted and annoyed voice,"Taraa!!!".

"Listen. Tum kisi ladki ki picture maang rhe ho...okay fine, I will send you our picture, is that okay?"

"Haan that's fine, now tell me ye Vanya karti kya hai?"

"She is a graphic designer".

"Kahan job karti hai? Company ka naam batao".

"I guess, ancient diaries is the name that company where she works"

"Accha, where is she from?"

"Mumbai"

"Job bhi Mumbai mein karti hai?"

"Haan"

"Uske ghar aur office ka address..."

"Enough Rohit! What the hell are you doing? Ye sawal kyun puch rhe ho?"

"Listen, mujhe shak hai ki Vanya aur vo stalker mile hue hain!"

"What?",Tara felt the earth slipping away underneath her feet.

Vanya? Traitor?

She looked at her friend, who was still sipping over her Choco Mocho, talking sweetly with Sahil and glancing at her every now and then.

******************************

"Have you lost it?! Vanya meri dost hai, vo mujhe kabhi nhi phasayegi".

"Accha? Kitne saalon se you guys are friends may I know?"

Cat caught her tongue. All lf a sudden, those useless questions started making sense to her. How come she never saw that comming? In today's time, one cannot even trust their own shadow and Vanya was a complete stranger to her.

"Listen, tum abhi koi tamasha mat create karna. Maybe I am wrong , maybe Vanya is innocent, but sure hone mein kya jata hai? Please corporate with me okay?"

"Okay",Tara said in a feeble voice and disconnected the call.

******************************

( Two hours later, evening )

Tara's mind was completely messed up. How on earth she can trust a complete stranger? Why she can't be as thoughtful as Rohit?

Vanya and Tara were going towards the famous Vaikom Mahadev temple, one of the trio of Mahadev's temple. According to a famous belief, if a person visit all the three temples before pooja, then his/her wish might get fulfilled. But it was not the only reason behind the visit. There was another famous story about a secret door which was somewhere inside the Vaikom Mahadev temple.

Tara found something very odd in Vanya's behaviour.

Why is she so excited about the temple thing? As far as she know this girl, she was not a fan of ancient temples or ancient history, neither was a spiritual person. Then why the hell she is so eager about the temple?

She concluded that maybe it was not the temple but the secret door which was pulling Vanya like a magnet.

But again, why Vanya was wearing a sari? And why she made her wear one?

( Vanya's saree)

( Tara's saree )

She remembered Rohit's words as they finally reached their destination," Just be aware, Vanya ko bilkul bhi pta nhi chalna chaiye ki tumhe khuch pta hai. And remain in touch. Aur uske sath shaam dhalne ke baad mat ghumna."