Prologue

Hey, everyone!

This is my attempt at an original story. Hope you all like it! 😄

Please don't forget to leave a comment. Okay?

✨🌟___________________________________🌟✨

17 years ago...

A woman tucks her a strand of raven hair behind her ear as she gently cradles her young infant. She smiles at the boy sweetly, cooing to him. The young boy lays in his mother’s arms sound asleep, lost in the world of dreams.

"Mama! Mama!" an excited voice calls out, followed by quick footfalls. A petite girl, no older than five, runs up from the the garden, through the halls before practically tackling the woman. The younger's matching hair flowing with the movement.

"Ah, hello there kitten," the woman smiles gently, ruffling her daughter's fluffy locks. "It's lovely to see you as always, dear—but please keep your voice down; your brother's trying to sleep." The woman turns her attention back to her son, gently caressing the baby's cheek lovingly. The girl puffs out her cheek, but her eyes also fall upon her cute brother.

She extends her arm towards the infant, only to jump backwards in surprise as her brother then cracks open his eyes—as if sensing the other's presence—and clutches the girl’s little finger with his entire hand. Staring at the strange person before him, he smiles making his violet-blue eyes glitter.

The five-year-old grins, her own blue eyes gleaming as well. "He's adorable!" the girl exclaims. The woman smiles, grateful that her daughter held only love for her sibling. At least, currently.

"Well, I'm glad you think so," says the woman, her voice gentle. Her usually soft eyes turn dark as they catch sight of hurried movement. "Would you mind holding him for a moment?" She glances at her daughter expectantly.

 The small girl nods vigorously—to which her mother chuckles. She tenderly hands the baby to the girl. The female carefully takes her brother into her arms, using her magic to help balance herself.

Her mother slowly stood up, probably heading in to make dinner. Her eyes were trained though, alert and wary—but at the moment, the girl couldn't care less. She continues to gaze at her brother, who is now lightly nibbling on her fingers.

"Hehe, you're so adorable~," she chirps once more. The small boy giggles, grinning and looking at the older figure curiously.

"Hey, little brother. I'm your amazing big sister," she smiles. He smiles back.

✨🌟___________________________________🌟✨

5 years after...

"Mom!" the boy shouts as he watches his dear mother fall to the floor. The male runs to her side, cupping her bloodied cheeks.

"Mom! Please, please, don't go away!" he wails desperately, tears streaming down his face like a river. The woman's pale lavender eyes lock with her son's.

"I'm sorry, darling. Please—get to safety," she urges, a pained smile stretching her lips.

"I'm n-not leaving y-you! Or d-ad!" he sobs, hugging his mother tightly. The woman gently caresses the boy like she always does when he's upset—but this time, it will be the last.