publicity stunt

after the dating rumours between boram and yedam became public, the two idols began trending on twitter - fans demanding a response from either the two themselves or, more specifically, their companies' to confirm or deny the rumours. after weeks going by with no response from either of their companies, fans took it upon themselves to begin questioning boram and yedam through their group v lives. the asked the other members about the two's relationship and even went as far as messaging the two's schoolmates for answers but to no avail. around the third week of the dating rumours between the two being a hot topic, their company finally held a meeting together with both boram and yedam. both the company representatives who held the meeting had come to a conclusion of having both rookie idols fake date for the sake of publicity - not that they needed it.

"ne?" boram and yedam questioned in unison after being told the news of having to fake date one another.

"you heard us," yg's representative said, sitting beside jyp's representative who was holding papers in their hands. "we are going to have you two fake date and announce it as a relationship. so come up with a backstory to tell the public in upcoming interviews we'll schedule for you both," they continued.

"this will be great publicity for you both as artists. don't tell anyone about this or else there will be consequences," jyp's representative narrowed their eyes at the two young idols, pointing the paper in their hands at mainly boram. giving an understanding nod, the two rookies were provided permission to leave the meeting room at yg entertainment.

boram sighed as she and yedam made their way to the company's cafeteria. "ah why are they making us do this?" she wondered, running a hand through her short hair as they sat down at one of the tables inside the large area.

"i know right," yedam agreed, sitting across from her, the female laying her head down on the cold tabletop as he spoke. "we really don't need the publicity so i wonder why they'd make us do this," he thought as boram lifted her head up to glance at the older male sitting in front of her.

"they said it was to help us 'grow as artists'," boram said with quotation marks before continuing on. "but we both have enough thanks to our pre-debut activities," she sighed heavily, resting her chin on the back of her hands. "so should we come up with a story so our manager won't be annoyed at us for not planning ahead?" she offered as the 2002 born male agreed with a heavy sigh.

"we can say we met as trainees under yg since you also trained here," yedam suggested as boram nodded, agreeing to the first meeting.

"but how long are they going to say we've been dating?" boram questioned, sitting up straight now as she leaned her head on her palm, thinking to herself. "should we say like...5 months?" she asked the treasure member who gave a thumbs up in agreement.

"that sounds believable, what about how we confessed?" yedam asked, sipping on his bought drink from the cafeteria.

"molla, you decided," boram pouted as she played with her fingers. the two discussed a bit longer before being called back into the meeting room with their company representatives about their fake background story to their relationship.

"ah ne, we have come to decide that we both met here at yg as trainees and were friends for a while before boram confessed," yedam informed as boram gave a nod in approval as her confessing first seemed like a thing she would do. "our first date was at lotte world and we have been together for five months," he finished, eyeing the representatives who gave an approving nod.

"good story," jyp's representative approved, writing something down on their clipboard. "now we need you both to write a handwritten letter announcing the news to your fans and we will conduct company statements."

"tomorrow, you two will be going to radio idol together as your first schedule and have some modelling opportunities with some magazines," yg's representative spoke, sliding the two idols a planned schedule. "next week we have scheduled you two to go on inkigayo and perform a special stage together along with appearances on running man together. on your off days, we want you to go on dates and try to be seen by fans," they continued as boram and yedam gave a tired nod.

"cha, that's everything. we all understand the conditions?" jyp's representative asked the two idols who repeated their tired nod. after concluding the meeting, boram was taken back to the itzy dorms where she slept away her anger towards the company representatives.