One Heartbreaking Bullet

She jolted in fright hearing the heavy thunder roar from the thick black clouds high in the sky. A quick flash of lightning followed seconds after that lit the blacked-out village. Hearing the heavy rain plunder down onto the thin metal-plated roof, Kiyomi heard the front door lock snap open in the dark room. Her father, soaked head to toe, sluggishly entered into their small home. Usually she would help her father with his briefcase and ask him about his day at work but tonight was different. She could feel it int the air as her father insisted her to stay seated just when he threw his briefcase down lightly by the closet. She waited patiently by the comforter as he took off his shows and his jacket. 

"I'm sorry, Kiyomi...I'm so sorry." Her father dropped to the floor, powerless.

I had no choice. 

"When will I be leaving?" her warm, honey-coated voice flowed through his ears, even though deep down she was crumbling to pieces. 

There was no escape for me.

"In three days."

_______________________

So i've had this story in my head for quite some time and finally decided to start it. I had written the first two chapters but then as usual, nobody likes the first draft so I redid it again and now tadaaa. This story is proving to be quite a challenge for me as I'm use to writing in first person rather than third so please don't go too crazy on me for the confusion that I will cause you later on. The idea came from 'Beauty and the Beast' from disney and the new series on CW starring Kirstin Kreuk and Jay Ryan :)

JY.