six || "Have You Been Drinking?"

Start from the beginning

"Another round?"

I took the controller from his hand and started a new game. It was better than sitting around thinking about how much fun she was probably having right now.

I couldn't even bring myself to picture it.

"Why don't you just hook up with someone else?" He snuck my character with a blow, winning the first round.

"Get your mind off of her."

Normally, sex was my answer to any stressful situation. But I had no desire to be with anyone else, they all paled in comparison to Summer. She was everything I needed and more, and the fact that she was out with someone else made me feel threatened.

Another emotion I wasn't all too familiar with.

"Not in the mood for sex," I replied knocking his character down. His fingers slipped from his controller and I took that as my chance to finish him off, offering him a combo that knocked him off the ring, naming me the winner of this round.

Ty looked at me in astonishment.

"What? I told you my head just wasn't in it."

He shook his head rapidly. "No, not that. You just said you weren't in the mood for sex."

"You."

"Sex?"

I had to start cleaning up my image, was it really that hard to believe I couldn't control my urges? Whatever the case may be, I was no longer into one-night stands. I wanted every night with one person.

"You got any alcohol left?" I was running out of distractions.

"Why so you can drink the problems away? That's how addiction starts."

"Tyler."

The tone in my voice was indication enough I was no longer in the mood for jokes.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be back in a few minutes." I thanked him and he offered his middle finger in return.

This was going to be a long night.

                           Summer's POV

I tried to hold back a yawn as the ending credits of the movie began to roll, cars pulled out one by one illuminating the road.

"Sorry, this idea sounded better in my head."

"What do you mean? I had a great time." I smiled at him and he softened a bit.

"Like I said, you're too nice to me."

He turned his engine completely on and took his car out of the park. His back camera lit up and he used it to navigate his way out of the parking spot. Devon immediately popped into my head, causing me to giggle out loud.

"What is it? My driving?" He asked, waving to his brother to come to the car.

"No, I just thought of something funny." He hummed and the door opened, a gust of cold air smacking me in the face.

"Sorry Jayden, mom wasn't answering and dad is still at work." I looked back as the boy climbed into the car buckling his seatbelt, smiling at him when his eyes locked on mine.

"Don't worry about it, she probably fell asleep or something." He glanced at his rearview mirror and kissed his teeth.

"Aren't you going to introduce yourself?"

"Sorry! I'm Malik, Jayden's brother. It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too Malik, I'm Summer." He smiled at me briefly then pulled out his phone, sinking into the backseat.