six || "Have You Been Drinking?"

Start from the beginning

He was dressed up as well, which made me feel somewhat better about my outfit choice. He wore black jeans and a deep blue sweater. A silver chain with a cross laid on his chest, with a pair of silver earrings to match.

"I brought snacks, do you want anything?" He asked, holding up a bag.

"Mind if I take a look?" He shook his head no and passed it to me. He had all the movie essentials in here, popcorn, candy, drinks, he really came prepared. I grabbed a pack of Twizzlers and placed the bag next to him in case he wanted to get something.

He was looking in the mirror of his visor brushing his waves forward, after he was satisfied with his hair he moved on to his beard.

"What movie are we watching?" I broke the silence. "It's a showing of Clueless, you ever seen it?"

Clueless? I was surprised he'd seen it.

"Yeah I have, It's a classic." I shifted in my seat a little disappointed, did he just assume I was only into romcoms?

"Do you usually watch movies like that?" He asked while popping a lemon head into his mouth.

"I like romance, yeah, but I usually watch horror movies like Insidious, and The Conjuring."

He laughed smacking his hand lightly against his forehead. "I had you all wrong, I'm sorry about that. I just assumed you'd like this movie." I felt bad for him, he was trying his best. "I do like Clueless, so you weren't too far off."

He smirked at me.

"You're too nice to me Summer."

Huh?

"Shouldn't I be?" He ignored my response. The parking lot darkened, signaling the movie was about to start. We both faced our attention towards the screen eating our snacks.

Jess: How's it going? Is it awkward? I need details!

Summer: It's going okay so far, he took me to a drive in theater.

Jess: A drive in!? I've always wanted to go to one of those!🥺🥺

I laughed to myself.

Summer: We can go together soon okay? I'll text you later, the movie is about to start.

Jess: Okay! Can't wait to hear more xx

I locked my phone placing it in my lap before leaning my seat back in an attempt to get comfortable.

This was going to be a long night.

                                        ...

Devon's POV

"Are you letting me win? Please don't, haven't I been through enough?"

WINNER was plastered onto my tv screen, the fifth one for Ty.

"I'd never let you win, my head just isn't in it." I tossed my controller to the side and fell back onto my bed.

"That actually didn't make me feel any better."

I threw a pillow at him out of annoyance, "don't take your anger out on me, I didn't take your girl out."

My girl. I liked the sound of that.

"What do you think they're doing right now?" I asked, not sure if I wanted him to answer."Do you really wanna know what I think?" His face was laced with sarcasm. "Why are you the worst?" Laughing obnoxiously, he handed me my remote.