some and now none of you

Wooyoung was trembling with nervousness as he stood in front of Yeosangs door, slowly raising his hand to knock. Yeosang opened the door before Wooyoungs hand could make contact with the polished wood. „Can we talk?" asked Wooyoung, worriedly eyeing the red-rimmed eyes of his best friend. Yeosang shrugged, holding the door open so Wooyoung could enter.

„Sit." said Yeosang, gesturing into the direction of his bed. Wooyoung plopped down onto the blanket, his fingers twisting in the fabric of his jeans to keep himself busy. Yeosang leaned against the wall, his eyes on the ground.

„Are you okay?" whispered Wooyoung, looking at Yeosang.

„No." hummed Yeosang softly.

„Why haven't you talked to me about it?" asked Wooyoung, his fingers itching to reach out to his best friend.

„I couldn't. You were busy with someone else. You didn't even notice that i feel horrible."

Wooyoung bit his lip. It was true. Since he met San, the other boy had been the reciever of all his attention. He hadn't really took notice of the bags underneath Yeosangs eyes, or the shaking of his fingers, a nervous habit the other had.

„I know i wasn't there for you, but i am now."

Yeosang sat down beside Wooyoung, their shoulders brushing.

„My dad is in hospital", he said, „he had a heart attack."

Wooyoung froze. „Is he okay?"

Yeosang shook his head. „For now, but if he has another heart attack, they don't know if they can save him again."

Wooyoung placed his hand on Yeosangs knee, the other shrinking into his side.

„That's why you've been on your phone all the time, right?" Yeosang nodded.

„I didn't know if i could tell you. That waiter suddenly appeared and you...you morphed into a completely different person. Suddenly, you started running away, you ignored our phone calls, you caused a whole scandal, Woo."

„I know. And i'm sorry that i brought trouble to your group. But San...i think, i think he's my first love, or first crush, or first whatever, but it doesn't matter now. I hurt him, Yeosang, and there's no coming back from that. I lost him after only having him for a day."

Wooyoung could feel his best friend shift, before he was engulfed by a pair of thin, but strong arms around his chest.

„I'm sorry." said Yeosang, holding onto him.

„Me too."

Their manager decided to drag them outside, in the end. Wooyoung held Yeosangs hand the entire time, still feeling guilty for not having noticed his worries before. Seonghwa stuck to Hongjoongs side, while Yunho, Jongho and Mingi played some kind of game on Mingis phone.

„Hey, you want some ice cream?" asked Wooyoung, leading Yeosang over to a small ice cream shop.

Even though the line in front of the shop was long, they only waited for about five minutes before it was their turn to order. Yeosang sharply drew in a bit of air when he saw the worker behind the counter. When he nudged Wooyoung, it was already too late.

Sans eyes found his almost immediately and Wooyoungs heart broke as the once so fierce, glowing eyes seemed to have been reduced to a dull swirl of brown. And it was his own fault.

„Hey, San." the other ignored Wooyoungs lame greeting, just gestured in front of him and waited for their order.

Yeosang placed it, knowing that Wooyoung couldn't bring himself to speak.