Chapter 22: Together At Last

~~~~Percy's POV~~~~

I watch as the waves hit the shore from the rock I am sitting on. It was midnight before we got back last night and we all over slept this morning so none of us got breakfast, but after the horn sounded for lunch instead of going to eat I came down to the beach knowing nobody would be here and I can get some peace and quiet. Judging by the sun its a little after noon, and the sun continues to burn anyone outside longer than 10 minutes, but luckly I am a wolf and we don't burn easily. I hear someone approaching from behind but I don't bother turning around.

"I figured you would be hungry missing breakfast and lunch." Artemis says walking up behind me.

"Thanks" I tell her accepting the plate she hands me fill with food.

"Lycaon is furious. He combined his other two bases together to form one huge one. The secruity is strict there, and there is a guard every 10 feet all around the base, and they change one by one instead of changing multiple at a time. Its smart I thought because Lycaon is trying to weave out every weak link there is in the new base. The inside of the base is guarded just as much. There are 5 guards for every offical building, and many people have hired personal guards for their houses. Every street has 4 guards on it, and where else they have guards is for you to guess. I didn't know where so many wolfs could came from. Lycaon is staying in the main heavy guarded building placed just to the left of the middle of the base." She tells me. I take a breath before replying,"Its Lycaon. He probably threatened other near by packs into helping him."

"We are having a meeting as soon as you get done eating about when and how to attack." She says looking over at me. I stare at her beautiful eyes. A blush covers her cheeks as I smile toward her, but soon a large smile covers her face. I feel a weird feeling rise up in me as I stare at her. I lean forward, and so does she. I stare into her eye until our lips meet, and fireworks go off in my head. I wrap my arms around her abdomen as she brings her arms to my neck. When we break a part we press our forheads together breathing in each others breath. A sudden flash fills the area, and when I look over the fates are standing there. Before we can speak they start talking,"Percy, son of Lycaon we have been watching you ever since Simon found you. You have always been true to your word, and never broken a promise. Never once have you killed or hurt anyone who hasn't attacked you or threatened you first, and even when you lived with your dad you never killed anyone. You are true to the heart,and a true hero. You have rightly earned Artemis's love by not forcing her, rushing her into anything or using any tricks or spells on her. Artemis Styx agreed with us the day you made your oath that once you found a truly worthy man you could break it, and you have found that man."
breaks
My eyes grow wide at this, and I look over at Artemis. She turns to me, and for a second just stares before a huge smile races acrossed her face followed by one of my own. She leans in for another kiss and the Fates flash away again. When we break away from the kiss panting I sigh knowing I could get used to this.

"L-lets go... Lets go start the meeting." She stutters out. I nod not speaking and we walk away hand in hand both of us smiling widely.

A/N

This was a really bad chapter, and was probably not what most of you were expecting. Sorry about that! I will try to update again REALLY soon to make up for the bad chapter. There was alot of PercyXArtemis in this so I am really sorry if you don't ship them! This is dedicated to the amazing readers who commented, and asked for an update on the last chapter, and I am sorry if this wasn't what you wanted!
Vote, and Comment!
~BN082501